Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana Form SBI
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) is one of three social security schemes that the government had announced in the 2015 Budget. The other two being Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) and the Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
An accident insurance scheme, PMSBY offers a one-year accidental death and disability cover, which can be renewed annually.
Under PMSBY, the risk coverage available is Rs 2 lakh for accidental death and permanent total disability, and Rs 1 lakh for permanent partial disability. Permanent total disability is defined as total and irrecoverable loss of both eyes or loss of use of both hands or feet or loss of an eyesight and loss of use of a hand or a foot. Permanent partial disability is defined as total and irrecoverable loss of an eyesight or loss of use of a hand or foot.
The cover will be in addition to any other insurance plan the subscriber has. The scheme is not a Mediclaim, that is, there is no provision for reimbursement of hospitalisation expenses following accident, resulting in death or disability.
The eligibility criteria for subscribing for Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana is as follows:
- The minimum age requirement is 18 years.
- The maximum age requirement is 70 years.
- Those having a savings bank account and falling under the age group of 18 – 70 years are eligible to subscribe to the policy.
- The bank account must be linked with the Aadhaar card.
- If the bank account is not linked with the Aadhaar card, then the Aadhaar card copy must be attached with the application form.
- If the individual has more than one savings account, he or she is only eligible to join the scheme through a single bank account.
- Premium to be paid is Rs.12 yearly.
- The premium amount is auto debited from the insured’s bank account.
- The scheme is valid for a year and it can be renewed at the end of the year.
- The primary KYC document required is the applicant’s Aadhaar card.
The Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana application form is to be duly filled. The details to be filled are:
- Aadhaar number
- Contact information
- Nominee details
- The application form is available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Oriya, Telugu, Tamil and Gujarati.
The subscriber can approach either one of the SBI bank branch or insurance companies to subscribe to Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
Most of the reputed banks allow the subscribers to take the policy through internet banking. The subscriber will have to log in to the Internet banking account and enrol for the scheme.
You can download Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana SBI in PDF format using the link given below.