UPSC Syllabus 2023 PDF
UPSC Syllabus 2023 PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
The Civil Services Examination is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to higher Civil Services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, and Indian Police Service. Candidates are advised to go through the UPSC Syllabus 2023 PDF published in this Section for the Preliminary Examination and the Main Examination, as a periodic revision of the syllabus has been done in several subjects.
The civil Services Exam (IAS Exam) is conducted by UPSC every year to recruit candidates for various services & posts in the Government of India. It is a two-stage exam consisting of:
- Civil Services Preliminary Examination (objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination.
- Civil Services Main Examination (Written & Interview) for the selection of candidates for various services & posts as mentioned in the official notification.
UPSC Syllabus 2023 PDF – Overview
|Two Compulsory Papers||General Studies Paper-I|
|General Studies Paper-II (CSAT)|
|Number of Questions asked in GS Paper-I||100|
|Number of Questions asked in CSAT||80|
|Total Number of Marks|
Total = 400 Marks
|Negative Marking||⅓ of the total marks allotted to the question will be deducted for every wrong answer|
|Time Allotted||Two hours each;|
UPSC Syllabus for GS Paper (Prelims Paper I)
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity, and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialisation.
- General Science
UPSC Syllabus for CSAT Paper (Prelims Paper-II)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
UPSC Syllabus 23 – Exam Pattern
|Paper-I||Essay (can be written in the medium of the candidate’s choice)||250|
|Paper-II||General Studies – I (Indian Heritage & Culture, History & Geography of the World & Society)||250|
|Paper-III||General Studies – II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice & International Relations)||250|
|Paper-IV||General Studies – III (Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Security & Disaster Management)||250|
|Paper-V||General Studies – IV (Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude)||250|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject – Paper I||250|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject – Paper II||250|
You can download the UPSC Syllabus 2023 PDF using the link given below.