PMSYM Scheme Details Hindi
- This Scheme may be called the Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maan-dhan, 2019.
- It shall come into force on the 15th day of February 2019.
- Subject to the provisions of this Scheme, the unorganized workers have the option to become the members of the Scheme, on and from the 15th day of February 2019.
- The provisions of this Scheme shall apply to the unorganized workers who are working or engaged as home-based workers, street vendors, mid-day meal workers, head loaders, brick kiln workers, cobblers, rag pickers, domestic workers, washermen, rickshaw pullers, landless labourers, own-account workers, agricultural workers, construction workers, beedi workers, handloom workers, leather workers, audio- visual workers and similar other occupations.
Eligibility to join the Scheme.—
- This Scheme shall be open only to the unorganized worker for joining, whose monthly income is not exceeding fifteen thousand rupees and who has a savings bank account in his name and Aadhar number.
- The unorganized worker referred to in sub-paragraph (1) shall be not less than eighteen years of age and not exceeding forty years of age.
- The unorganized worker referred to in sub-paragraph (1) shall not be eligible to join the Scheme, if he is covered under National Pension Scheme contributed by the Central Government or Employees’ State Insurance Corporation Scheme under the Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948 (34 of 1948) or Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme under the Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (19 of 1952) or he is an income-tax assessee.
Recovery of damages for default in payment of contributions.—
Where an eligible subscriber makes a default in the payment of any contribution to be payable by him under this Scheme to the Pension Fund referred to in sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph 3, then, he shall be allowed to regularise his contribution by paying his entire outstanding dues, along with interest of the rate as determined by the Government of India in the Ministry of Labour and Employment from time to time.
Benefits on leaving the Pension Scheme. —The exit provisions and benefits thereunder, of this Scheme, are as under, namely:—
- In case an eligible subscriber exits this Scheme within a period of less than ten years from the date of joining the Scheme by him, then the share of contribution by him only will be returned to him with savings bank rate of interest payable thereon;
- If an eligible subscriber exits after completion of a period of ten years or more from the date of joining the Scheme by him but before his age of sixty years, then his share of contribution only shall be returned to him along with accumulated interest thereon as actually earned by the Pension Fund referred to in sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph 3 or the interest at the savings bank interest rate thereon, whichever is higher;
- If an eligible subscriber has given regular contributions and died due to any cause, his spouse shall be entitled to continue with the Scheme subsequently by payment of regular contribution as applicable or exit by receiving the share of contribution paid by such subscriber along with accumulated interest, as actually earned thereon by the Pension Fund, referred to in sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph 3 or at the savings bank interest rate thereon, whichever is higher;
- After the death of the subscriber and his or her spouse, the corpus shall be credited back to the fund;
- In case of exit on account of clauses (i), (ii) and (iii) above, the accumulated share of Government’s contribution shall be credited back to the Pension Fund;
- Any other exit provision, including nomination, as may be decided by the Central Government by issuing instructions from time to time.