Download APY Form PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Atal Pension Yojana is a pension scheme mainly aimed at the unorganized sector such as maids, gardeners, delivery boys, etc. This scheme replaced the previous Swavalamban Yojana which wasn’t accepted well by the people.
The goal of the scheme is to ensure that no Indian citizen has to worry about any illness, accidents or diseases in old age, giving a sense of security. Private sector employees or employees working with such an organization that does not provide them pension benefit can also apply for the scheme. There is an option of getting a fixed pension of Rs 1000, Rs 2000, Rs 3000, Rs 4000, or Rs 5000 on attaining an age of 60.
The pension will be determined based on the individual’s age and the contribution amount. The contributor’s spouse can claim the pension upon the contributor’s death and upon the death of both the contributor and his/her spouse, the nominee will be given the accumulated corpus.
Eligibility For Atal Pension Yojana
To avail benefits from the Atal Pension Yojana, you must fulfil the below requirements:
- Must be a citizen of India.
- Must be between the age of 18-40
- Should make contributions for a minimum of 20 years.
- Must have a bank account linked with your Aadhar
- Must have a valid mobile number
Those who are availing benefits of Swavalamban Yojana will be automatically migrated to Atal Pension Yojana.
Atal Pension Yojana Apply Process
Follow these steps to avail the benefits of APY
- All nationalized banks provide the scheme. You can visit any of these banks to start your APY account.
- Atal Pension Yojana forms are available online and at the bank. You can download the form from the official website.
- The forms are available in English, Hindi, Bangla, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, and Telugu.
- Fill up the application form and submit it to your bank.
- Provide a valid mobile number, if you haven’t already provided to the bank.
- Submit a photocopy of your Aadhaar card.
You will be sent a confirmation message when the application is approved.
The monthly contribution depends upon the amount of pension you want to receive upon retirement and also the age at which you start contributing. The following table tells you how much you need to contribute per annum based on your age and pension plan.
APY – Monthly contribution
You can download the Atal Pension Yojana Form in PDF format using the link given below.