Application Form For Upgradation of ECHS Smart Card
The Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) Smart Card is a healthcare entitlement card issued to the beneficiaries of the ECHS, a healthcare system for retired armed forces personnel in India. The ECHS Smart Card serves as a means of availing various healthcare facilities and services provided by the ECHS network of hospitals and clinics.
Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Department of ESW, Ministry of Defence download Application Form in pdf format For Upgradation of ECHS Smart Card for existing members using link given below.
Important Details for ECHS Smart Card
- Eligibility: The ECHS Smart Card is issued to ex-servicemen (retired armed forces personnel) and their eligible dependents, including spouses, children, and sometimes parents.
- Healthcare Services: The cardholder can access medical treatment at ECHS empanelled hospitals, polyclinics, and other healthcare facilities. The services may include consultations, diagnostic tests, medications, and hospitalization.
- Validity: The ECHS Smart Card is typically valid for a specific period, and it needs to be renewed as per the designated timelines.
- Empanelled Hospitals: ECHS has a network of empanelled hospitals and clinics across the country where cardholders can avail themselves of cashless medical services.
- Cashless Treatment: The card allows beneficiaries to receive cashless treatment within the ECHS network. However, there may be certain procedures and conditions to be met for availing cashless services.
- Record Keeping: The ECHS Smart Card also helps in maintaining medical records of the beneficiaries, facilitating a more organized and efficient healthcare system.
- Access to Wellness Centers: Apart from hospitals, the cardholders can also visit ECHS polyclinics and wellness centers for routine check-ups and preventive healthcare services.
Download Application Form in pdf format For Upgradation of ECHS Smart Card for existing members using link given below.