Al-Waqiah is the 56th surah (chapter) of the Quran. The total number of verses in this surah is 96. It mainly discusses the afterlife according to Islam, and the different fates people will face in it. Muslims believe it was revealed in Mecca (see Meccan surah), specifically around 7 years before the Hijrah (622), the migration of Muhammad to Medina. The total number of verses in this surah is 96.
Every Surah in the Qur’an has many healing benefits. Our Prophet (SAW), said in a hadith, “Whoever recites Surah Waqiah at night will never encounter poverty”. Another hadith from our Prophet (SAW) says, “Surah Waqiah is the Surah of Wealth, so recite it and teach it to your children” (Ibn Asakir)
Surah Waqiah talks about the Companions of the Right, Companions of The Left, and The Forerunners. Each will be rewarded or punished after facing Judgement.
- 1-2 The coming of the judgment day inevitable
- 3-7 Its terrors described
- 8-11 Its coming shall separate men into three classes
- 12-39 Joys of the Muslim Heaven described
- 40-56 The punishment of the wicked in hell depicted
- 57-73 Arguments for the resurrection of the dead drawn from God’s work in creation and providence
- 74-81 Oath by the stars that the Qurán is divinely-inspired
- 82-96 Men should believe in God since they cannot save the dying from death
You can download the Surah AL-Waqiah in PDF format using the link given below.