Download RBI Announcement 22 May 2020 PDF for free from rbidocs.rbi.org.in using the direct download link given below.
RBI Announcement 22 May 2020
On the basis of an assessment of the current and evolving macroeconomic the situation, the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) at its meeting today (May 22, 2020) decided to:
- Reduce the policy repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) by 40 bps to 4.0 percent from 4.40 percent with immediate effect.
- Accordingly, the marginal standing facility (MSF) rate, and the Bank Rate
stand reduced to 4.25 percent from 4.65 percent, and
- The reverses repo rate under the LAF stands reduced to 3.35 percent from
- In view of the extension of the lockdown and continuing disruptions on
account of COVID-19, it has been decided to permit lending institutions to extend the moratorium on term loan instalments by another three months, i.e., from June 1, 2020, to August 31, 2020. Accordingly, the repayment schedule and all subsequent due dates, as also the tenor for such loans, maybe shifted across the board by another three months.
- In respect of working capital facilities sanctioned in the form of cash
credit/overdraft, lending institutions are being permitted to allow a deferment of another three months, from June 1, 2020, to August 31, 2020.
.@RBI announces reduction in major policy rates to revive growth and mitigate the impact of COVID-19;
Exporters can now avail bank loans for higher period, More time for importers to pay for imports
— PIB India #StayHome #StaySafe (@PIB_India) May 22, 2020
You can download the RBI Announcement 22 May 2020 in PDF format online from the official website link provided below or download from the alternative link.