Old Age Pension Scheme West Bengal PDF
The State Government has decided to introduce Two new Old Age Pension Schemes namely, Taposili Bandhu (Pension Scheme) for Scheduled Caste (SC) and Jai johar (Pension Scheme) for Scheduled Tribe (ST).
The State government has also decided to enhance the pension given under the existing Old Age, Widow and Disability pensions schemes where the monthly pension is Rs 600 – Rs 750 to Rs 1000 per month.
The State Government has further decided to bring all the new and existing Old Age pension schemes, Widow pension schemes, and Disability pension schemes administered by the State Government, under one Umbrella Scheme for pensions, namely, the Jai Bangla Scheme 2020.
A. Introduction New Old Age Pension Schemes for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe:
The two new pension schemes being introduced under the Jai Bangla Scheme 2020 are Taposili Bandhu for Scheduled Caste (SC) and Jai Johar for Scheduled Tribe (ST).
The guidelines for the two new schemes (1) Taposili Bandhu and (2) Jai Johar are as follows:
- Coverage: All SC & ST persons above the age of 60 years are eligible under the scheme and shall receive a pension of Rs.1, 000 per month.
- Application of the Scheme -(1) The Taposili Bandhu Scheme, shall apply to a person belonging to Scheduled Caste (2) The Jai Johar Scheme, shall apply to a person belonging to Scheduled Tribe.
- The person has attained the age of 60 years as of 01.01.2020.
- The person is an ordinary resident of the State.
- The person is not a beneficiary under any other Social Security pension scheme or a recipient of a Government pension or pension from any other organization.
For more details download the Old Age Pension Scheme West Bengal in PDF format using the link given below.