Download State Welfare Scheme for Purohits West Bengal PDF for free from wb.gov.in using the direct download link given below.
State Welfare Scheme for Purohits West Bengal
The Purohits and priests of other communities like Christians, Jains, Buddhists & Parsis perform important social, cultural and community functions having a wide public ramification. Their influence and nodal roles in the community and their situation as community leaders in their respective areas can be harnessed to mobilize the community in various development-oriented and welfare-oriented schemes and programmes regarding literacy campaigns, public health awareness programmes, maintenance of social tranquillity etc.
Most of them are now in financially distressed condition and are unable to render such services to the community. Considering the very significant roles played by the Purohits and priests of other communities like Christians, Jains, Buddhists & Parsis in our society and in view of their financial condition, the State Government has decided to introduce a new scheme for assistance to Purohits and priests of other communities like Christians, Jains, Buddhists & Parsis in the State namely, ‘State Welfare Scheme for Purohits‘, herein referred as ‘Scheme’
The ‘State Welfare Scheme for Purohits’ will have two components, namely,
- Monthly Financial Assistance for poor Purohits and poor priests of other communities like Christians, Jains, Buddhists & Parsis of Rs 1,000 /- per month and
- Housing Scheme for poor Purohits/ priests of other communities like Christians/ Jains/ Buddhists / Parsis.
a) Monthly Financial Assistance: All the poor Purohits and poor priests of other communities like Christians, Jains, Buddhists and Parsis in the State will be eligible to be brought under the scheme.
b) Housing: A grant of Rs.1,20,000/- will be provided to each poor Purohit / poor priest of other communities like Christians/Jains/ Buddhists / Parsis for the construction of a dwelling house.
A poor Purohit or poor priest of other communities like Christians/ Jains/ Buddhists / Parsis will be eligible, provided.
- The person is a resident of the State on the date of making an application under the Scheme,
- The person is not a beneficiary under any other Social Security pension scheme or a recipient of Government pentən or pension from any other organization. III) For receiving housing grant, the person does not have a pucca dwelling house of his or her own but if he or she shall have a piece of land in his name. In case the beneficiary does not own land for construction of the dwelling house, the State Government will mobilize vested and other lands whenever possible for providing housing facility to such families.
Nodal Department: The Scheme shall be administered by the Department of Information & Cultural Affairs
Method of applying:
i) Application Form:
The intended beneficiary seeking assistance under the ‘Scheme’ shall apply in the Application Form for the Scheme prescribed for the purpose as in “Annexure A” which will also include the relevant details of land ownership, If any, for the construction of dwelling house.
The application form shall be submitted to:-
- The Block Development Officer in case the applicant resides in the rural area,
- The Sub-divisional Officer in case the applicant is residing in Municipal/Notified Areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation and to the Municipal Commissioner, Kolkata Municipal Corporation in case the applicant is residing in Kolkata Municipal Corporation area.
Verification of Application:
All pension applications received by the concerned authorities shall be verified with respect to the eligibility criteria. The supporting for residential status to be provided. For housing grant, supporting document for land any is to be provided.
Processing of Application:
The Application Forms in the prescribed format as per in respect of all applicants shall be duly verified by the BDO/SDO, or Municipal Commissioner, KMC, to ensure eligibility under The concerned District Magistrate or Municipal Commissioner, KMC will recommend the names of the eligible persons to the Nodal Department i.e. Department of Information Cultural
The Information and Cultural Affairs will sanction the financial assistance and effect payment directly the bank account of the
For more details download the State Welfare Scheme for Purohits West Bengal in PDF format using the link given below.