NPS Contribution Instruction Slip
- Govt. employees who are mandatorily covered under NPS can contribute voluntarily for Tier 1 [under the applicable sections of IT Act, 1961] and for Tier 2 vide this NCIS. Voluntary contributions under Tier-I qualify for deduction under applicable sections of Income Tax Act, 1961 [please refer relevant provisions and rules].
- Please quote your 12 digit PRAN allotted by Central Recordkeeping Agency (CRA) also on the reverse of the cheque/DD. In case of new application, please mention “New Application” on the reverse of the cheque/DD.
- Cheque/DD should be drawn in favor of “POP (Name of the POP) Collection Account – NPS Trust” and crossed A/c payee only. Please ensure sufficient balance is available in the bank account, before submitting the Cheque.
- Copy of PAN should be enclosed in case of cash contribution of Rs. 50,000 and above.
- Each contribution i.e. contribution under Tier I and Tier II will be treated as a separate transaction and will be charged separately. For details of the charge structure, please refer to the PFRDA offer document at www.pfrda.org.in.