Download Minorities Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme Guidelines 2020 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Minorities Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme Guidelines 2020
The Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities was announced in June 2006. It provides that a Pre-Matric scholarship scheme for meritorious students from minority communities would be implemented.
The scholarship at the pre-matric level will encourage parents from minority communities to send their school-going children to school, lighten their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education. The scheme will form the foundation for their educational attainment and
provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena. Empowerment through education, which is one of the objectives of this scheme, has the potential to lead to upliftment of the socio-economic conditions of the minority communities.
The scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh.
The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class I to class X, including such residential Government institutes and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government and Union Territory Administration concerned.
Conditions for Scholarship:
- The scholarship will be available to the students of minority communities studying in Classes I to X.
- An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others, the Community Certificate certified by the parent/guardian of the student is required.
- The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination.
- Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
For more details download the Minorities Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme Guidelines 2020 in PDF format from the official website as a link is given below.PDF's Related to Minorities Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme Guidelines 2020