Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses Guidelines PDF Download in for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses Guidelines
The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses. The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a Government or private institution, selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State
Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will cover technical and professional courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
The scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
Conditions for Scholarship
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue graduate-level or postgraduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution Admission and Course fee and Maintenance allowance for the year of the scholarship will be credited/transferred directly into the bank account of selected students.
- Students who get admission to technical/professional courses without taking any competitive examination will also be eligible for a scholarship. However, such students should have secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at higher secondary/graduation level in the case of Fresh Scholarship only. The selection of these students will be done strictly on a merit basis.
- An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of the parent/guardian of the student.
- A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others, the Community Certificate certified by the parent/guardian of the student is required.
- The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (each semester/trimester of the previous year provided the students pursues the same course in the same Institute).
- Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks in the previous annual examination (as stated in para-vi above).
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all three Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the institutions.
PDF's Related to Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses Guidelines