Punjab Budget 2022-23
Punjab Finance Minister Harpal Singh Cheema presented the AAP government’s first budget for FY23 in the state assembly and announced that the focus in the first year will be to restore deteriorating fiscal health, and deliver on the promises of good governance and concentrate on health, agriculture and education.
The AAP government is fulfilling its first guarantee (promise) made to the people of Punjab by providing 300 units of domestic power supply per month free to all citizens from July 1, Cheema said.
Punjab Budget 2022-23 PDF – Highlights
- The state government will provide seed money of Rs 2,000 per student.
- The government also announced that the government will set up 16 new medical colleges over five years
- The government will also establish 117 “Mohalla Clinics”, for which Rs 77 crore has been earmarked.
- An allocation of Rs 30 crore in FY 2022-23 for providing infrastructure facilities in libraries of Government Colleges of 9 districts – Tarn Taran, Barnala, Ludhiana, Fazilka, Malerkotla, Moga, Pathankot, Sri Muktsar Sahib and Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar.
- The finance minister further announced CM Scholarship to general category students for giving concession in university fee.
- Punjab government announces 200 crore rupees grant to Punjabi University Patiala
- The Punjab government has also proposed an allocation of Rs 95 crore for construction of new state-of-the-art degree colleges in educationally backward areas in Punjab in the current financial year.
- Modern digital classrooms will be established in 500 government schools.
You can download the Punjab Budget 2022-23 PDF using the link given at the bottom of this page.