Punjab Budget 2023-24 PDF
Punjab Budget 2023 PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Punjab Finance Minister Harpal Singh Cheema Friday presented the first complete state Budget of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government worth Rs 1,96,462 crore. This budget focus on agriculture, education and health segments. Total budget size has been increased by 26 per cent to Rs 1,96,462 crore for 2023-24 over the previous year.
The govt has already established 504 Aam Aadmi Clinics. Another 142 clinics are in the pipeline and are expected to be operational in next few days. In these clinics, 80 drugs and 41 diagnostic tests are being provided free of cost and so far, more than 10.50 lakh patients have availed OPD facilities, and 1 lakh lab tests have been conducted in these clinics.
Punjab Budget 2023 -24 PDF – Highlights
- The effective revenue deficit has been pegged at 11,782 crore which is an increase of 22 per cent over the last fiscal.
- The revenue expenditure of the state is estimated at Rs 1,23,441 crore, a growth of 14 per cent over the last fiscal. Out of this, Rs 74,620 crore has been proposed towards the committee expenditure.
- A Revolving Fund, worth an outlay of Rs 1,000 crore, has been set up to provide a 33 per cent subsidy on cotton seeds.
- The government has estimated Rs 1,000 crore for diversification practices. 30,312 farmers will be provided with an incentive of Rs 1,500 per acre for adopting the DSR technique for paddy crops.
- Further, Rs 125 crore has been set aside for DSR and Moong cultivation this fiscal.
- An outlay of Rs 9,331 crore for power subsidies to farmers in the next fiscal, an increase from Rs 9,064 crore last year.
- Rs 253 crore has been set aside for horticulture, double that of the previous year.
- The government will also provide crop Insurance to the farmers, and CM Bhagwant Mann will make an announcement in this regard soon.
- Rs 40 crore has been set aside for five horticulture estates to be brought up at Ludhiana, Gurdaspur, Patiala, Bathinda and Faridkot.
- Rs 15 crore dedicated to mitigating risks for horticulture producers.
- PAU has developed a warm area apple variety. In the next two years, Punjab will have its own Apple orchards.
- Rs 885 crore will be provided to the Punjab State Cooperative Agriculture Development Bank to pay back its loan.
- Rs 400 crore has been dedicated to Sugarfed to support cane growers, out of which Rs 250 crore has been set aside for the next fiscal.
- Punjab is also dedicating Rs 380 FRP for sugarcane, more than that in Haryana.
- Rs 100 crore has been allocated to Milkfed to help dairy farmers.
- 13 new godowns would be set up in Punjab, six expected to be completed by March 23.
- The government has procured 25 lakh doses of the goat pox vaccine. And about 7.45 lakh cattle have been vaccinated so far.
- Rs 17,072 crore has been allocated for school and higher education — 12 per cent higher than the previous year.
- Rs 200 crore has been set aside for the School of Eminence.
- Rs 30 crore (Rs 2000 per student) is dedicated to the Punjab Young Entrepreneur Program, where students are encouraged to propose original business ideas.
- Rs 100 crore allocated for rooftop solar panel system
- Rs 324 crore allocated for upgradation of school infra
- Rs 456 crore dedicated to providing mid-day meals
- Rs 25 crore dedicated to uniforms for pre-primary school students
- Rs 90 crore allocated for free books, repair and maintenance of schools
- Rs 70 crore has been proposed for infrastructure development in 11 new govt colleges.
- Rs 2 crore has been allocated for Urdu Academy, Malerkotla.
- Rs 116 crore, moreover, has been allocated for Rashtriya Uchtar Shiksha Abhiyaan.
- Shaheed-e-Azam Bhagat Singh Raj Yuva Award has been revived. Two youths from each district will be selected and honoured with a medal, Rs 51,000 and a certificate.
- Rs 3 crore was dedicated to sports equipment, and Rs 53 crore towards Sports University in Patiala.
- A provision of ₹4,781 crore has been proposed for Health and Family Welfare in FY 2023-24 — 11 per cent higher than the previous year 2022-23.
- Rs 64 crore for the modernization of police
- Rs 40 cr for installing CCTV cameras close to the IB
- Rs 30 cr for combatting cybercrime
- Rs 26,295 crore for infrastructure development
Punjab Budget 2023 PDF
For more download the Punjab Budget 2023 PDF using the link given below.