PM Pik Vima Yojana Application Form PDF
PM Pik Vima Yojana Application Form PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
The PMFBY was launched in 2016 and replaces all the prevailing yield insurance schemes in India. The scheme has been launched with an impetus on the crop sector. The scheme has extended coverage under localized risks, post-harvest losses, etc. and aims at the adoption of technology for the purpose of yield estimation. Through increased farmer awareness and low farmer premium rates, the scheme aims at increasing crop insurance penetration in India.
Objective: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) aims at supporting sustainable production in the agriculture sector by way of –
a) Providing financial support to farmers suffering crop loss/damage arising out of unforeseen events
b) Stabilizing the income of farmers to ensure their continuance in farming
c) Encouraging farmers to adopt innovative and modern agricultural practices
d) Ensuring the flow of credit to the agriculture sector; which will contribute to food security, crop diversification, and enhancing growth and competitiveness of the agriculture sector besides protecting farmers from production risks.
- Compulsory Component
All farmers availing Seasonal Agricultural Operations (SAO) loans from Financial Institutions (i.e. loanee farmers) for the notified crop(s) would be covered compulsorily.
- Voluntary Component
The Scheme would be optional for the non-loanee farmers.
Coverage of Risks and Exclusions:
The following stages of the crop and risks leading to crop loss are covered under the scheme.
- Prevented Sowing/ Planting Risk:
The insured area is prevented from sowing/ planting due to deficit rainfall or adverse seasonal conditions
- Standing Crop (Sowing to Harvesting):
Comprehensive risk insurance is provided to cover yield losses due to non- preventable risks, viz. Drought, Dry spells, Flood, Inundation, Pests and Diseases, Landslides, Natural Fire and Lightening, Storm, Hailstorm, Cyclone, Typhoon, Tempest, Hurricane, and Tornado.
- Post-Harvest Losses:
coverage is available only up to a maximum period of two weeks from harvesting for those crops which are allowed to dry in cut and spread condition in the field after harvesting against specific perils of the cyclone and cyclonic rains and unseasonal rains.
- Localized Calamities:
Loss/ damage resulting from the occurrence of identified localized risks of hailstorm, landslide, and Inundation affecting isolated farms in the notified area.
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETION OF THE FORM
- Only one proposal form to be filled up for all the crops proposed to be notified in a survey no.
- Please complete the Proposal Form in all respects. The proposal should be signed by the proposer and all documents as mentioned above enclosed.
- Insurance is a contract of Utmost Good Faith requiring the Insured not only to disclose all material facts but also not to suppress any material facts. If you think any fact is material, please disclose it.
- The Insurance shall become voidable at the option of the Insurer, in the event of any untrue or incorrect statement, misrepresentation, non-description or non-disclosure in any material particular in the proposal
form/personal statement, declaration, and connected documents, or any material information having been withheld by the proposer or anyone acting on his behalf.
Download the PM Pik Vima Yojana Application Form in PDF format using the link given below.PDF's Related to PM Pik Vima Yojana Application Form