Minorities Post Matric Scholarships Scheme Guidelines 2020 PDF Download in for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Minorities Post Matric Scholarships Scheme Guidelines 2020
The Prime Minister’s New 15 Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities was announced in June 2006. It provides that a Pre-Matric scholarship scheme for meritorious students from minority communities would be implemented.
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability
- The scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary School/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level including Polytechnics and other courses (any course of less than one-year duration is not covered under this scheme; Certificate courses are also not
Conditions for Scholarship:
- The scholarship will be awarded to the students studying in Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level including Polytechnics, ITIs, and other courses.
- An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others, the Community Certificate certified by the parent/guardian of the student is required.
- The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (provided the students pursues the same course and same Institute/School).
- Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
- The school/institute will certify the claim of a student of being an outstation student not residing in the hostel of the school/institute concerned on the basis of permanent address and parents’ address.
- Migration of students from one school/institute to another is not allowed for renewal applicants during the period of an academic course.
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons for violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Govt.
- The course/tuition fees and maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s account directly under the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/ minority.