Download Maharashtra Death Certificate Application Form PDF for free from crsorgi.gov.in using the direct download link given below.
Maharashtra Death Certificate Application Form
Death Certificate in Maharashtra can be obtained by submitting the application form in the prescribed format along with a declaration needs concerned Registrar office. After submitting the application form, the concerned authority will verify the details records and will issue the Death certificate.
Details to be Provided in Death Certificate Form
- Age of the deceased
- Name of the father or husband
- Details regarding the place of death and date of death
- The purpose of applying death certificate
- Information about the relation of the applicant with the deceased
List of Required Documents
Following documents are necessary for getting the Maharashtra Death certificate:
- Declaration by a close relative or family member in the prescribed format
- Application Form
- Address Proof of deceased (Voter ID card, electricity, gas, water, telephone bill, passport, valid ration card or Aadhaar card, name of the deceased)
Registering Death Certificate in Maharashtra
Every death in Maharashtra needs to be registered in the concerned Registrar Office to obtain Death Certificate. Persons responsible for registering a death are the following.
- In case death occurs in a house, the head of the family is responsible for registering the death
- The medical in-charge need to register if the death occurs in a hospital or medical institution
- Jailer in-charge is responsible for registration if a death occurs in a jail
- If a new-born child or body is founded deserted in an area, headman of that area or local police station in-charge can register the death
- In case the death occurs in a hostel, choultry, Dharamsala, boarding-house, lodging house, tavern, toddy shop, barrack or public resort, the in-charge person of that place needs to register
- In case death occurs in a plantation, the superintendent of the plantation can register
As per the provision of this registration act, every death has to be registered with the concerned State Governments within 21 days of its occurrence. Department issuing death certificate in Maharashtra are the following:
- Rural Development Department
- The municipal corporation of Greater Mumbai
- Urban Development Department
Apply Online for Death Certificate in Maharashtra
You can also apply online for Birth Certificate through the official website of Maharashtra Apple Sarkaar at https://aaplesarkar.mahaonline.gov.in or this direct link of the Maharashtra government website.
Download the Maharashtra Death Certificate Application Form in PDF format using the link given below.
PDF's Related to Maharashtra Death Certificate Application Form