Linked List in Data Structure PDF Download in for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Linked List in Data Structure
A linked list is a linear data structure, in which the elements are not stored at contiguous memory locations. Linked List is a sequence of links which contains items. Each link contains a connection to another link. Linked list the second most used data structure after array. Following are important terms to understand the concepts of Linked List.
In computer science, a linked list is a linear collection of data elements whose order is not given by their physical placement in memory. Instead, each element points to the next. It is a data structure consisting of a collection of nodes which together represent a sequence.
Types of Linked List
- Simple Linked List − Item Navigation is forward only.
- Doubly Linked List − Items can be navigated forward and backward way.
- Circular Linked List − Last item contains link of the first element as next and and first element has link to last element as prev.
Following are the basic operations supported by a list.
- Insertion − Adds an element at the beginning of the list.
- Deletion − Deletes an element at the beginning of the list.
- Display − Displays the complete list.
- Search − Searches an element using the given key.
- Delete − Deletes an element using the given key.
Advantage of Linked List
- Dynamic Size
- It is easy to add/remove/change elements
- Elements of linked list are flexible, it can be primary data type or user defined data types
Disadvantage of Linked List
- Random access is not allowed. We have to access elements sequentially starting from the first node.
- So we cannot do binary search with linked lists 2. It cannot be easily sorted
- We must traverse 1/2 the list on average to access any element
- More complex to create than an array 5. Extra memory space for a pointer is required with each element of the list
Linked List in Data Structure PDF
You can download the Linked List in Data Structure PDF using the link given below.