Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) 2021-22
Gram Panchayats have been mandated for the preparation of the Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) 2021-22 for economic development and social justice. Panchayats have a significant role to play in the effective and efficient implementation of flagship schemes/ programmes on subjects of National Importance for the transformation of rural India. The GPDP planning process has to be comprehensive and based on a participatory process that involves full convergence with schemes of all related Central Ministries/Line Departments related to 29 subjects listed in the Eleventh Schedule of the Constitution.
Gram Panchayats, which has a pivotal role to play in the preparation of GPDPs, need to adopt a risk-based approach in convening small gatherings with different communities at the village level. Some risk-based measures that need to be observed by all at all times in all Gram Panchayats are:
- The physical distancing of at least one meter to be followed at all times
- Use of face covers/masks to be mandatory
- Practice frequent hand washing (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty and use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers(for at least 20 seconds)
- Respiratory etiquette like covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly, to be strictly followed.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the individual, household and community level, at the earliest.
Download the Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) 2021-22 in PDF format using the link given below.