Download Application Form 49B PDF for free from incometaxindia.gov.in using the direct download link given below.
Application Form 49B
(a) The form is to be filled legibly in ENGLISH in BLOCK LETTERS.
(b) While filling the form, each box, wherever provided, should contain only one character (alphabet/number/punctuation mark) leaving a blank box after each word.
(c) Left-hand thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
(d) Deductors/ Collectors are required to provide details of the Assessing Officer (TDS /TCS) in the application. These details can be obtained from the Income Tax Office.
(e) The deductor/collector must fill up Area Code, AO Type, Range Code, and AO Number. These details can be obtained from the Income Tax office or TIN Facilitation Centre (TIN-FC) may assist in doing so.
(f) The form should be filled up completely.
(g) ‘Designation of the person responsible for making payment/collecting tax’ field is mandatory to fill up, wherever applicable.
(h) The address of the applicant should be an Indian address only.
- An applicant will fill Form 49B online and submit the form.
- If there are any errors, rectify them and re-submit the form.
- A confirmation screen with all the data filled by the applicant will be displayed.
- The applicant may either edit or confirm the same.
- Applicants making payment of application fee using a credit card/debit card will be charged an additional charge of up to 2% (plus applicable taxes) of the application fee by the bank providing payment gateway facility.
- Applicants making payment through Net Banking facility will be charged an additional surcharge of 4.00 + Goods & Services Tax for payment gateway facility.
Download the TAN Application Form 49B in PDF format using the link given below or alternative link.