Exempt Income Under Section 10 PDF Download in for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Exempt Income Under Section 10
Under Section 10, there are different sub-sections that define what kind of income is exempt from tax. This can range from agricultural to house rent allowance. Any income that an individual acquires or earns during the course of a financial year that is deemed to be non-taxable is referred to as ‘Exempt Income’.
1. Agriculture Income [Section 10(1)]
2. Any sum received by a Co-parcener from Hindu Undivided Family (H.U.F.) [Section 10(2)]
3. Share of Income from the Firm [Section 10(2A)]
4. Interest paid to Non-Resident [Section 10(4)(i)]
5. Interest to Non-Resident on Non-Resident (External) Account [Section 10(4)(ii)]
6. Interest paid to a person of Indian Origin and who is Non-Resident [Section 10(4 B)]
7. Leave Travel Concession or Assistance (LTC/LTA) to an Indian Citizen Employee [Section 10(5)]