Download AMRUT Scheme Guidelines PDF for free from amrut.gov.in using the direct download link given below.
AMRUT Scheme Guidelines in Hindi
Providing basic services (e.g. water supply, sewerage, urban transport) to households and build amenities in cities which will improve the quality of life for all, especially the poor and the disadvantaged is a national priority. An estimate of the funds required over a 20 year period, at 2009-10 prices, was made by the High Powered Expert Committee (HPEC) during 2011. The Committee estimated that Rs. 39.2 lakh crore was required for the creation of urban infrastructure, including Rs. 17.3 lakh crore for urban roads and Rs. 8 lakh crore for services, such as water supply, sewerage, solid waste management, and stormwater drains. Moreover, the requirement for Operation and Maintenance (O&M) was separately estimated to be Rs. 19.9 lakh crore.
The Mission will focus on the following Thrust Areas:
- Water supply,
- Sewerage facilities and septage management,
- Stormwater drains to reduce flooding,
- Pedestrian, non-motorized, and public transport facilities, parking spaces, and
- Enhancing the amenity value of cities by creating and upgrading green spaces, parks and
recreation centers, especially for children.
Five hundred cities will be taken up under AMRUT. The list of cities will be notified at an appropriate time. The category of cities that will be covered in the AMRUT is given below:
- All Cities and Towns with a population of over one lakh with notified Municipalities, including Cantonment Boards (Civilian areas),
- All Capital Cities/Towns of States/ UTs, not covered in 2.1(i),
- All Cities/ Towns classified as Heritage Cities by MoUD under the HRIDAY Scheme,
- Thirteen Cities and Towns on the stem of the main rivers with a population above 75,000 and less than 1 lakh, and
- Ten Cities from hill states, islands, and tourist destinations (not more than one from each State).
For more details download the AMRUT Scheme Guidelines in PDF format from the link given below or an alternative link.