Download Tamil Nadu Interim Budget 2021 PDF for free from cms.tn.gov.in using the direct download link given below.
Tamil Nadu Interim Budget 2021
Deputy Chief Minister and Finance Minister O. Panneerselvam will present the interim budget for 2021-22 on February 23, at Kalaivanar Arangam and this is the AIADMK government’s final budget for its current term before the Assembly polls.
When the new government is sworn in after the polls, the government will present the budget, with any changes and announcement of schemes which will be reflected in the financial statement at that point in time.
Tamil Nadu Interim budget 2021-22 key Points:
- Rs. 19.42 crore allocated to health sector, after playing a robust role in containing the spread of COVID-19 in Tamil Nadu since the outbreak of the pandemic in the state in March last year
- Rs 5,478 crore allocated for higher education. School education sector allocated Rs. 34,181 crore
- Rs. 1738 crore allocated towards the state’s agriculture sector. Additional Rs. 5000 crore allocated towards crop loan waiver. Relief provided for loss of paddy due to natural disasters hiked from Rs. 13,000 per hectare to Rs. 20,000 per hectare.
- Tamil Nadu police department allocated Rs. 9567 crore. Additional Rs. 100 crore allocated towards modernization.
- Rs. 3700 crore allocated under PM housing scheme. Subsidy for roofing hiked to Rs. 70,000.
- Rs. 1953.98 crore allocated for nutrition programme
- Adi Dravidar department allocated Rs. 1932 crore. Additionally, Rs. 100 crore allocated to improve the residential accommodations of the community with basic amenities. Rs. 1276 crore also allocated towards the Tribal sub-project in the State.
- Rs. 1700 crore allocated towards special schemes for the disabled to provide them with ease of access and other facilities.
- Amma mini clinics, launched in December last year to provide essential healthcare services to the downtrodden allocated Rs. 144 crore in the budget.
- Rs. 4371 crore distributed to beneficiaries under the state marriage assistance scheme. Further, gold worth Rs. 1791 crore distributed to 12.5 lakh people over the last 10 years under the state marriage financing scheme.
- 40 lakh households to be provided with drinking water connection at a cost of Rs 3,016 crore, with Rs. 6,453 allocated to the Water Resources Department.
- Rs. 5171 crore allocated for Phase 2 of road development project. Rs. 6448 crore allocated for Chennai-Kanyakumari industrial route project .
- Tamil Nadu receives Rs. 1492 stimulus from the World Bank to finance the state’s housing sector
- Rs. 3140 crore allocated for development projects by the Greater Chennai Corporation
- 62 investment projects worth Rs. 39,941 crore granted approval
You can download the Tamil Nadu Budget 2021 in PDF format using the link given below or an alternative link for more details.