Download All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2019-20 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) 2019-20
All India Survey on Higher Education 2019-20 released by the Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’. This Report provides key performance indicators on the current status of Higher education in the country.
In this survey, Shri Pokhriyal noted that in the last five years from 2015-16 to 2019-20, there has been a growth of 11.4% in student enrolment. The rise in female enrolment in higher education during the period is 18.2%.
The results published in this report are indicators of the success of the policies adopted by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in the higher education sector of the Country. I hope this report will help our policymakers to further improve the higher education scenario of the country.”
All India Survey on Higher Education 2019-20
All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) report provides key performance indicators on the current status of Higher education in the country.
Total enrolment in higher education has improved by 3.04 percent. The total enrolment in 2019-20 stands at 3.85 crores as compared to 3.74 crores in 2018-19, registering a growth of 11.36 lakh (3.04 percent). Total enrolment in 2014-15 was 3.42 crore.
The Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER), which is a ratio of enrolment in higher education to the population in the eligible age group (18-23) years, has improved by 0.8 percentage points. GER of students belonging to the eligible age group enrolled in Higher Education in 2019-20 is 27.1 percent against 26.3 percent in 2018-19 and 24.3 percent in 2014-2015.
All India Survey on Higher Education Report (AISHE) 2019-20 – Key Features
1. Total Enrolment in Higher Education stands at 3.85 crorein 2019-20 as compared to 3.74 crore in 2018-19, registering a growth of 11.36 lakh (3.04 %). Total enrolment was 3.42 crore in 2014-15.
2. Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER), the percentage of students belonging to the eligible age group enrolled in Higher Education, in 2019-20 is 27.1% against 26.3% in 2018-19 and 24.3% in 2014-2015.
3. Gender Parity Index (GPI) in Higher Education in 2019-20 is 1.01 against 1.00 in 2018-19 indicating an improvement in the relative access to higher education for females of eligible age group compared to males.
4. Pupil-Teacher Ratio in Higher Education in 2019-20 is 26.
5. In 2019-20: Universities: 1,043(2%); Colleges: 42,343(77%) and stand-alone institutions: 11,779(21%)
6. 3.38 crore Students enrolled in programmes at under-graduate and post-graduate levels. Out of these, nearly 85% of the students (2.85 crores) were enrolled in the six major disciplines such as Humanities, Science, Commerce, Engineering & Technology, Medical Science, and IT & Computer.
7. The number of students pursuing Ph.D. in 2019-20 is 2.03 lakh against 1.17 lakh in 2014-15.
8. The Total Number of Teachers stands at 15,03,156 comprising 57.5% male and 42.5% female.
For more details, download the All India Survey on Higher Education 2019-20 PDF using the link given below.