West Bengal Purohits Bhata Scheme
West Bengal Purohits Bhata Scheme PDF read online or download for free from the link given at the bottom of this article.
West Bengal State government introduce a new scheme for assistance to Purohits and priests of other communities like Christians, Jains, Buddhists & Parsis in the State namely, ‘State Welfare Scheme for Purohits’, herein referred as ‘Scheme. Considering the very significant roles played by the Purohits and priests of other communities like Christians, Jains, Buddhists & Parsis in our society and in view of their financial condition to improve the conditions for such persons.
Their influence and nodal roles in the community and their situation as community leaders in their respective areas can be harnessed to mobilise the community in various development-oriented and welfare-oriented schemes and programmes regarding literacy campaigns, public health awareness programmes, maintenance of social tranquillity etc. Most of them are now in financially distressed condition and are unable to render such services to the community.
The salient features of the proposed scheme are noted below:
- The Scheme: The ‘State Welfare Scheme for Purohits’ will have two components, namely,
- Monthly Financial Assistance for poor Purohits and poor priests of other communities like Christians,
- Jains, Buddhists & Parsis of Rs 1,000 /- per month and b) Housing Scheme for poor Purohits/ priests of other communities like Christians/ Jains/ Buddhists /Paris
- All the poor Purohits and poor priests of other communities like Christians, Jains, Buddhists and Parsis in the State will be eligible to be brought under the scheme.
- Housing: A grant of Rs.1,20,000/- will be provided to each poor Purohit / poor priest of other communities like Christians/ Jains/ Buddhists / Parsis for the construction of a dwelling house.
- The person is a resident of the state on the date of application under this scheme.
- The person is not covered by any other social security pension scheme or receiving a pension from a government pension or any other organization.
- To receive a housing grant, the person does not have his or her own permanent home but has a piece of land in his or her name. If the beneficiary does not own the land for construction of the house, the State Government will whenever possible, collect the allotted and other lands to provide housing facilities to this national family.
For more details download the West Bengal Purohits Bhata Scheme in PDF format using the link given below.
Also Check- Purohit Vata Application Form West Bengal