Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2021 Hindi PDF
The scrappage policy comes into effect when a vehicle’s registration is complete. In general, a passenger vehicle has a life of 15 years and a commercial vehicle has a life of 10 years, after which they become obsolete and also start polluting the environment at a greater intensity than they would have been doing earlier.
In western countries, these old vehicles are sent to scrapyards where they are dismantled and the steel used for making the body is crushed and recycled again. In India though, there was no such policy. Most of the vehicles either are on run currently polluting the environment or are lying on roadsides.
ऑटोमोबाइल स्क्रैपेज पॉलिसी (National Automobile Scrappage Policy) के तहत ऐसी गाड़ियों को स्क्रैप यानी कबाड़ करने का प्रबंध होगा जो रजिस्ट्रेशन से 15 साल से ज्यादा पुरानी हैं। इसमें सरकारी और कमर्शियल दोनों गाड़ियां शामिल हैं। इसी तरह प्रायवेट गाड़ियों के लिए टाइम लिमिट 20 साल की दी गई है।
अगर पुरानी गाड़ियों को फिर से रि-रजिस्ट्रेशन करने के लिए उसका फिटनेस सर्टिफिकेट लेना होगा. इस फिटनेस टेस्ट में गाड़ी से निकलनेवाले धुंए, गाड़ी की हालत और सेफ्टी से जुड़े पहलुओं की जांच करने के बाद ही फिटनेस सर्टिफिकेट दिया जाएगा। अगर गाड़ी फिटनेस टेस्ट पास नहीं कर पाती है तो इसे स्क्रैप करने के लिए कहा जाएगा।
National Automobile Scrappage Policy 2021
The Policy proposes the following—
- It is proposed that commercial vehicles be deregistered after 15 years in case of failure to get the fitness certificate. As a disincentive measure, increased fees for fitness certificates and fitness tests may be applicable for commercial vehicles 15 years onwards from the date of initial registration.
- It is proposed that Private Vehicles be deregistered after 20 years if found unfit or in case of a failure to renew a registration certificate. As a disincentive measure, increased re-registration fees will be applicable for private vehicles 15 a year onwards from the date of initial registration.
- It is being proposed that all vehicles of the Central Government, State Government, Municipal Corporation, Panchayats, State Transport Undertakings, Public Sector Undertakings, and autonomous bodies with the Union and State Governments may be deregistered and scrapped after 15 years from the date of registration.
- The scheme shall provide strong incentives to owners of old vehicles to scrap old and unfit vehicles through registered scrapping centers, which shall provide the owners with a scrapping certificate. Some of these incentives include:
Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2021 PDF – Objective
- The objectives of the policy are to reduce the population of old and defective vehicles,
- Achieve a reduction in vehicular air pollutants to fulfill India’s climate commitments,
- Improve road and vehicular safety, achieve better fuel efficiency, formalize the currently informal vehicle scrapping industry and boost the availability of low-cost raw materials for the automotive, steel, and electronics industry.
Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2021 – Benefits
Nitin Gadkari has given the following financial benefits one can get from the policy-
1) A scrap value of the ex-showroom price of the vehicle ranging from 4-6% will be given to the owner if they choose to scrap the vehicle
2) A rebate of up to 25% will be given in Road Tax
3) Vehicle manufacturers will be advised to give a 5% discount on new vehicles against a scrapping certificate
4) No registration fees for vehicles
Vehicle Fitness Test – Required
A fitness test, much like Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate test, determines the roadworthiness of a vehicle and checks if the vehicle is harming the environment. But that’s one aspect of it. Various other tests like brake test, engine performance among others will be in place to check the quality of the vehicles. A fitness test, according to Nitin Gadkari, will be conducted at automated fitness centers.
These centers will be established under the PPP model and it is estimated that each fitness test will set you back by at least Rs 30,000-40,000 and a green cess will also be levied while renewing the vehicle registration. Govt is hoping that all these additional costs will dissuade vehicle owners from retaining the vehicle.
The Tentative timeline for application of the Scrapping Policy is as follows:
1. Rules for Fitness Tests and Scrapping Centres: 01st October 2021
2. Scrapping of Government and PSU vehicles above 15 years of age: 01st April 2022
3. Mandatory Fitness Testing for Heavy Comm. Vehicles: 01st April 2023
4. Mandatory Fitness-Testing (Phased manner for other categories): 01st June 2024
You can download the Vehicle Scrapping Policy 2021 PDF format using the link given below or an alternative link for more details.