Download Unlock -1 Guidelines for Restaurants After Lockdown PDF for free from mohfw.gov.in using the direct download link given below.
Unlock -1 Guidelines for Restaurants After Lockdown
Given the current COVID-19 outbreak in India, it is important that restaurants and other hospitality units take suitable measures to restrict any further transmission of the virus while providing restaurant services.
All Restaurants shall ensure the following arrangements:
- Takeaways to be encouraged, instead of Dine-In. Food delivery personnel should leave the packet at customer’s door. DO NOT handover the food packet directly to the customer.
- The staff for home deliveries shall be screened thermally by the restaurant authorities prior to allowing home deliveries.
- Entrance to have mandatory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening provisions.
- Only asymptomatic staff and patrons shall be allowed.
- All staff and patrons to be allowed entry only if using face cover/masks. The face cover/masks has to be worn at all times inside the restaurant.
- Posters/standees/AV media on preventive measures about COVID-19 to be displayed prominently
- Staggering of patrons to be done, if possible.
- Adequate manpower shall be deployed by restaurant management for ensuring social distancing norms.
- All employees who are at higher risk i.e. older employees, pregnant employees and employees who have underlying medical conditions, to take extra precautions. They should preferably not be exposed to any front-line work requiring direct contact with the public. Restaurant management to facilitate work from home wherever feasible.
- Proper crowd management in the parking lots and outside the premises –duly following social distancing norms shall be ensured.
- Additional patrons to be seated in a designated waiting area with norms of social distancing.
- Valet parking, if available, shall be operational with operating staff wearing face covers/ masks and gloves as appropriate. A proper disinfection of steering, door handles, keys, etc. of the vehicles should be taken up.
- Specific markings may be made with sufficient distance to manage the queue and ensure social distancing in the premises.
- Preferably separate entry and exits for patrons, staff and goods/supplies shall be organized.
- Required precautions while handling supplies, inventories and goods in the restaurant shall be ensured. Proper queue management and disinfection shall be organized.
- Maintaining physical distancing of a minimum of 6 feet, when queuing up for entry and inside the restaurant as far as feasible.
- Seating arrangement to be made in such a way that adequate social distancing is maintained.In restaurants, not more than 50% of seating capacity to be permitted.
- Disposable menus are advised to be used.
- Instead of cloth napkins, use of good quality disposable paper napkins to be encouraged.
- Buffet service should also follow social distancing norms among patrons.
- Number of people in the elevators shall be restricted, duly maintaining social distancing norms.