Unlock -1 Guidelines for Hotelsand Other Hospitality Units After Lockdown PDF
Unlock -1 Guidelines for Hotelsand Other Hospitality Units After Lockdown PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
All hotels and other hospitality units must take suitable measures to restrict any further transmission of COVID-19 while providing accommodation and other tourist services. The SOP aims to minimize all possible physical contacts between Staff and Guests and maintain social distancing and other preventive and safety measures against COVID-19.
All Hotels shall ensure the following arrangements:-
- Entrance to have mandatory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening provisions.
- Only asymptomatic staff and guests shall be allowed.
- All staff and guests to be allowed entry only if using face cover/masks. The face cover/masks has to be worn at all times inside the hotel.
- Adequate manpower shall be deployed by hotel management for ensuring social distancing norms.
- Staff should additionally wear gloves and take other required precautionary measures.
- All employees who are at higher risk i.e. older employees, pregnant employees and employees who have underlying medical conditions, to take extra precautions. They should preferably not be exposed to any front-line work requiring direct contact with the public.Hotel management to facilitate work from home wherever feasible.
- Proper crowd management in the hotel as well as in outside premises like parking lots–duly following social distancing norms shall be ensured. Large gatherings/congregations continue to remain prohibited.
- Valet parking, if available, shall be operational with operating staff wearing face covers/ masks and gloves as appropriate. A proper disinfection of steering, door handles, keys, etc. of the vehicles should be taken up.
- Preferably separate entry and exits for guests, staff and goods/supplies shall be organized. Maintaining physical distancing of a minimum of 6 feet, when queuing up for entry and inside the hotel as far as feasible. Specific markings may be made with sufficient distance to manage the queue and ensure social distancing in the premises
- Number of people in the elevators shall be restricted, duly maintaining social distancing norms. Use of escalators with one person on alternate steps may be encouraged.
- Details of the guest (travel history, medical condition etc.) along with ID and self-declaration form must be provided by the guest at the reception.
- Posters/standees/AV media on preventive measures about COVID-19 to be displayed prominently.
- Hand sanitizers must be kept at the reception for guests to use. Guests to sanitize hands before and after filling relevant forms including A&D register.
- Hotels must adopt contact less processes like QR code, online forms, digital payments like e-wallet etc. for both check-in and check-out.
- Luggage should be disinfected before sending the luggage to rooms.
- Guests who are at higher risk i.e. those who are older, pregnant or those who have underlying medical conditions are advised to take extra precautions.
- Guests should be advised not to visit areas falling with in containment zone
- Required precautions while handling supplies, inventories and goods in the hotel shall be ensured. Proper queue management and disinfection shall be organized.
- Appropriate personal protection gears like face covers/masks, gloves and hand sanitizers etc.shall be made available by hotel to the staff as well as the guests.
- Detailed guidelines issued for restaurants shall be followed.