Svamitva Scheme Guidelines
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi launched the distribution of e-property cards under the SWAMITVA scheme on 24th April on National Panchayati Raj Day through video conferencing. 4.09 lakh property owners were given their e-property cards on this occasion, which also marked the rolling out of the SVAMITVA scheme for implementation across the country. Union Minister Shri Narendra Singh Tomar attended the event. Chief Ministers and Panchayati Raj Ministers of the concerned states were also present.
Objectives of the Svamitva Scheme
The scheme seeks to achieve the following objectives: –
- To bring financial stability to the citizens in rural India by enabling them to use their property as a financial asset for taking loans and other financial benefits.
- Creation of accurate land records for rural planning.
- Determination of property tax, which would accrue to the GPs directly in States where it is devolved or else, add to the State exchequer.
- Creation of survey infrastructure and GIS maps that can be leveraged by any department for their use.
- To support the preparation of a better-quality Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) by making use of GIS maps.
- To reduce property related disputes and legal cases
For more details download the Svamitva Scheme Guidelines in PDF format using the link given below.