Speed Control of DC Motor PDF
Speed Control of DC Motor PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
The DC motor is the motor which converts the direct current into the mechanical work. It works on the principle of Lorentz Law, which states that the current carrying conductor placed in a magnetic and electric field experience a force. To learn more about DC motors, visit Working Principle of DC motor and check out the related details.
DC Motors plays an important role in energy conversion process. It is a machine which converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. In mechanical system, speed varies with number of task so speed control is necessary to do mechanical work in a proper way. It makes motor to operate easily.
Speed Control of DC motor
The speed of a DC motor (N) is equal to N = K (V – IaRa)/ ø Where, K is a constant.
This implies three things:
- Speed of the motor is directly proportional to supply voltage.
- The Speed of the motor is inversely proportional to armature voltage drop.
- The motor speed is inversely proportional to the flux due to the field findings
Thus, the speed of a DC motor can control in three ways:
- By varying the flux, and by varying the current through field winding
- By varying the armature voltage, and the armature resistance
- Through the supply voltage
You can download the Speed Control of DC Motor PDF using the link given below.