Download PMEGP Scheme Guidelines & Application Form PDF for free from indarun.gov.in using the direct download link given below.
PMEGP Scheme Guidelines & Application Form
Government of India has approved the introduction of a new credit linked subsidy programme called Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) by merging the two schemes that were in operation till
31.03.2008 namely Prime Minister’s Rojgar Yojana (PMRY) and Rural Employment Generation Programme (REGP) for the generation of employment opportunities through the establishment of micro-enterprises in rural as well as urban areas. PMEGP will be a central sector scheme to be administered by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MoMSME).
- To generate employment opportunities in rural as well as urban
areas of the country through setting up of new self-employment
- To bring together widely dispersed traditional artisans/ rural
and urban unemployed youth and give them self-employment
opportunities to the extent possible, at their place.
- To provide continuous and sustainable employment to a large
a segment of traditional and prospective artisans and rural and
urban unemployed youth in the country, so as to help arrest
migration of rural youth to urban areas.
- To increase the wage-earning capacity of artisans and contribute
to increase in the growth rate of rural and urban employment.
Eligibility Conditions of Beneficiaries:-
- Any individual, above 18 years of age
- There will be no income ceiling for assistance for setting up
projects under PMEGP.
- For setting up of project costing above Rs.10 lakh in the manufacturing sector and above Rs. 5 lakh in the business /service sector, the beneficiaries should possess at least VIII standard pass educational qualification.
- Assistance under the Scheme is available only for new projects sanctioned specifically under the PMEGP.
- Self Help Groups (including those belonging to BPL provided that they have not availed benefits under any other Scheme) are also eligible for assistance under PMEGP.
- Institutions registered under Societies Registration Act,1860;
- Production Co-operative Societies, and
- Charitable Trusts.
- Existing Units (under PMRY, REGP or any other scheme
of Government of India or State Government) and the units
that have already availed Government Subsidy under any
other schemes of Government of India or State Government
are not eligible.