List of Prime Minister of India PDF
If you are looking for the Prime Ministers of India List in PDF format then you have arrived at the right website and you can directly download it from the link given at the bottom of this page. Since 1947 India had 15 Prime Ministers. Jawaharlal Nehru was India’s 1st Prime Minister, serving as prime minister of the Dominion of India from 15 August 1947 until 26 January 1950.
The Prime Minister of India is the head of the government, and it is appointed by the Indian President after the political party wins a general election and nominates a candidate for the post. The leader of that political party is thereafter appointed as the Prime Minister of India. India’s first Prime Minister was appointed in 1947 and now in 2022, the Indian prime minister is Narendra Modi.
List of Prime Minister of India (List of Prime Minister of India 1947 to 2023)
|1||Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru||15th Aug 1947- 27th May 1964|
(16 years, 286 days)
|2||Gulzarilal Nanda (interim)||27th May 1964- 9th Jun 1964|
|3||Lal Bahadur Shastri||9th June 1964 -11th January 1966|
(1 year, 216 days)
|4||Gulzarilal Nanda||11th January 1966- 24th January 1966|
|5||Indira Gandhi||24th January 1966- 24th March 1977|
(11 years, 59 days)
|6||Morarji Desai||24th March 1977- 28th July 1979|
(2 years, 126 days)
|7||Charan Singh||28th July 1979- 14th January 1980|
|8||Indira Gandhi||14th January 1980- 31st October 1984|
(4 years, 291 days)
|9||Rajiv Gandhi||31st October 1984- 2nd December 1989|
(5 years, 32 days)
|10||Vishwa Pratap Singh||2nd December 1989- 10th November 1990|
|11||Chandra Shekhar||10th November 1990-21st June 1991|
|12||P. V Narasimha Rao||21st June 1991- 16th May 1996|
(4 years, 330 days)
|13||Atal Bihari Vajpayee||16th May 1996-1st June 1996|
|14||H. D Deve Gowda||1st June 1996- 21st April 1997|
|15||Inder Kumar Gujral||21st April 1997- 18th March 1998|
|16||Atal Bihari Vajpayee||18th March 1998- 22nd May 2004|
(6 years, 64 days)
|17||Dr Manmohan Singh||22nd May 2004 -17th May 2014|
(10 years, 4 days)
|18||Narendra Modi||26th May 2014 -23rd May 2019|
(5 Years to Present)
|19||Narendra Modi||30th May 2019 -Incumbent|
List of Indian Prime Ministers – Important Questions
- The First Prime Minister was Jawaharlal Nehru of the Indian National Congress party, who was sworn in on 15 August 1947.
- The First Woman Prime Minister of India was Indira Gandhi.
- The First and Youngest Prime Minister of India was Rajiv Gandhi.
- The Shortest-tenure Prime Minister of India was Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The First Sikh Prime Minister of India was Manmohan Singh.
- The first non-Congress Prime Minister (who served full Term) of India was Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The First Oldest person as Prime Minister of India was Morarji Desai.
- The Longest-tenured Prime Minister of India was Jawaharlal Nehru.
- The Current Prime Minister of India is Narendra Damodardas Modi.
- The First Non-Congress Longest Period Prime Minister of India is Narendra Damodardas Modi.
Download the List of Prime Ministers of India PDF using the link given below.