Karnataka Powerloom Scheme Guidelines Kannada
Karnataka Powerloom Scheme Guidelines PDF in Kannada read online or download for free from the njn.karnatakadht.org link given at the bottom of this article.
India manufactures 5% of cloth through the organized sector, 20% through the Handloom sector, 15% through the knitting sector, and 60% of Indian cloth is produced through the decentralized power loom sector. Karnataka has a significant presence of power looms. there are about 120000 looms engaged in weaving of silk and cotton. Power looms are mainly concentrated in Belagavi, Bagalkote, Tumkur, Bangalore Urban and Rural Districts.
The thrust of the department is to modernize the power looms and support them. Karnataka State Textile Infrastructure Development Corporation (KSTIDC) has been set up with the main focus on the development of Powerlooms.
To facilitate the power loom weavers the department is implementing the following schemes:
Weavers Special package Scheme consists of the following sub-components from (a) to (i) for the Beneficiaries to make them self employed & bring them to the mainstream of the society.
1. Supply of 02 Ordinary Power looms & Accessories :
- Unit cost : Rs.3,00,000/-
- Subsidy (% age) for General : 50% or maximum Rs.1,50,000/- Beneficiary Contribution / Bank loan 50%
- Subsidy (% age) for SC’s/ ST’s : 90% or maximum Rs. 2,70,000/- Beneficiary Contribution / Bank loan 10%
- How it helps: Helpful for weavers in establishing their own new unit and get them self employed.
2. Electronic Jacquard :
The Existing power loom industries in order to change the designs each time, they have to change the mechanical settings. Hence, to avoid this and to get more number of designs with minimum expenditure, the electronic jacquards are introduced. This will help in producing separate designs on each saree.
- Unit cost : Rs.4,50,000/-
- Subsidy (% age) for General : 50% or maximum Rs.2,25,000/- Beneficiary Contribution / Bank loan 50%
- Subsidy (% age) for SC’s/ ST’s : 90% or maximum Rs. 4,05,000/- Beneficiary Contribution / Bank loan 10%
- How it helps: Helpful for weavers in producing different varieties of designs and add more value to their products
3. Knotting Machine :
The Existing power loom industries are using manual knotting for new warp beams, it takes more time. Hence, instead of manual knotting, Knotting machines are used to help in fast knotting
- Unit cost : Rs.5,00,000/-
- Subsidy (% age) for General : 50% or maximum Rs.2,50,000/- Beneficiary Contribution / Bank loan 50%
- Subsidy (% age) for SC’s/ ST’s : 90% or maximum Rs. 4,50,000/- Beneficiary Contribution / Bank loan 10%
- How it helps: Weavers will able to do knotting in less time and helps in getting continuous production.