Karnataka Budget 2020-21 Key Highlights
Karnataka Budget 2020-21 Key Highlights PDF read online or download for free from the www.finance.karnataka.gov.in link given at the bottom of this article.
Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa began presenting the budget for 2020-21 in the Assembly, emphasizing that agriculture and flood relief will be high priorities.
In his opening remarks, he acknowledged this and stated that it had forced the State to cut costs in some areas. Mr. Yediyurappa stated that the State would write to the Centre soon on the 15th Finance Commission’s reduction in financial allocation.
Increasing Rate Of Petrol And Diesel
- Karnataka’s petrol and diesel prices will rise starting April 1, as the state’s budget for 2020-21 proposes a 3% hike in VAT on both.
- He has also recommended a 6% increase in excise tax on Indian Made Liquor (IML) in all 18 slabs to boost revenue.
Safety For Woman
- The chief minister also announced the launch of a woman safety site to ensure that the Department of Women and Child Development’s programs are delivered transparently.
- The state administration has taken a crucial step by deciding to undertake a baseline census of transgender people across the state.
- The Karnataka State Women Development Corporation, according to Chief Minister B. S. Yediyurappa, will survey a cost of Rs. 70 lakh in the 2020-2021 fiscal year. The decision, he claimed, would aid in the execution of the Karnataka State Transgender Policy, which went into effect in 2017.
Allocation for the ring road’s periphery, as well as lakes
- Mr. Yediyurappa has pledged Rs 14,500 crore to expand Bengaluru’s outer ring road to relieve traffic congestion.
- He also pledged Rs. 100 crore for the development of Bengaluru’s lakes. He pointed out that Rs. 317 crores had already been set aside for lake improvements.
For complete budget key highlights of Karnataka Budget 2020-21, follow the link given below and download the PDF.PDF's Related to Karnataka Budget 2020-21 Key Highlights