Download J&K Registration of a Candidate Under Employment Guarantee Scheme (EGS) Form PDF for free from jk.gov.in using the direct download link given below.
J&K Registration of a Candidate Under Employment Guarantee Scheme (EGS) Form
- The Government of India passed the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA), 2005 in September, 2005. The Act gives a legal guarantee of at least one hundred days of wage employment in a financial year to a rural household, whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled and manual work. The Act is applicable in the Districts notified by the Govt. of India.
Rights and Entitlements :
- Every adult member whose name appears in the Job Card shall be entitled
to apply for unskilled manual work.
- All persons belonging to a household and registered shall be entitled to
employment under the Scheme for as many days as each applicant may
request, subject to a maximum of one hundred days per household in a
given financial year.
- If an applicant is not provided with such employment within 15 days of
receipt of his/ her application seeking employment or from the date on
which the employee has been sought in the case of an advance
application whichever is later, he/ she shall be entitled to a daily
unemployment allowance subject to the entitlement of the household at
the rate which shall not be less than one-fourth of the wage rate for the
first 30 (thirty) days of the financial year and not less than one half of the
the wage rate for the remaining period of the financial year.
- As far as possible, the applicant shall be provided work within the village.
If an applicant is provided employment outside a radius of five kilometers
of the village where he/ she resides at the time of applying he/ she shall
be paid an extra 10% of the prevailing wage rate to meet additional
transportation and living expenses.
- Priority shall be given to women in such a way that at least one-third of
the wage seekers shall be women who have been registered and requested
- In case the payment of wages is not made within a fortnight, the workers
shall be entitled to receive payment of compensation as per the provisions
of the Payment of Wages Act 1936(4 of 1936). Or other Act applicable in
- There shall be no discrimination solely on the ground of gender and the
provisions of the Equal Remuneration Act. 1976 (25 of 1976) shall be