Birth Correction Form Pondicherry
A birth certificate is issued by the Municipal Corporation/Municipal Council in urban areas whereas in rural areas the authority is the Tehsildar at the Taluka level, while the authority at the village level is the Gram Panchayat Office. Changing or updating the name on the birth certificate is not such a difficult task. You can get your name changed in the Birth Certificate by following the below-stated simple steps.
The birth certificate is very important for a childs admission to schools or colleges, for hospital benefits and in establishing inheritance and property claims. It is the first right of a child and establishes his or her identity.A person without a birth certificate will not be identified as an Indian citizen & will not be eligible to reap all the benefits/ rights.
Birth Correction Form PDF – Process to change the name on the birth certificate:
- Obtain the’ Birth Certificate Update/correction Form’ from the municipal corporation office or gram panchayat where your child took birth.
- Obtain an affidavit from local notary and approach the officer regarding change of name in the birth certificate. Make an affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimal and mention the reason of name change.
- Fill the correction form and submit it to the municipal corporation along with affidavit or certified copy with judge original signature.
- After the completion of the application process, publish the advertisement in the local newspaper and your state official Gazette publication.
How to get name change publication in the official Gazette:
For the name change publication in the official Gazette, you need to write an application letter to the Gazette office with supporting documents such as a copy of a local newspaper advertisement, an affidavit, passport size photo, and your application form.
Apart from this, here is the complete procedure for you to apply for your Birth Certificate.
How to apply for a birth certificate
Step 1: Get a birth Certificate Registration Form from the registrar’s office (from your municipal authority).
Step 2: When a child is born in a hospital, the form is provided by the Medical Officer In-charge.
Step 3: Fill in the form within 21 days of birth of the child.
Step 4: If birth is not registered within 21 days of its occurrence, the birth certificate is issued after police verification.
Step 5: Once the verification of the birth records (date, time, place of birth, parent’s ID proof, nursing home etc.) is done by the registrar, the birth certificate is issued to the applicant.
Step 6: 7 days after applying for a birth certificate, follow up with municipal authority to obtain the birth certificate.
Step 7: By providing a self-addressed envelope at the municipality office, the birth certificate is posted to the respective address within 7-14 working days.
Importance of birth certificate:
- Establishing age for insurance reasons
- Proving parentage
- Age proof for employment
- Age proof for marriage
- Admission to schools/colleges
- Establishing age for enrolling in Electoral Rolls
- Registering in NPR (National Population Register)
- Application for a passport
- Immigration requirements (like getting a green card)
So, always remember toget your child’s birth certificate as soon as possible just after his/her birth!
You can download the Birth Correction Form Pondicherry PDF using the link given below.