Download Atla Taddi Vrat Katha PDF for free from Drive Files using the direct download link given below.
Atla Taddi Vrat Katha in Telugu
Atla Taddi is a traditional festival celebrated by married Hindu women of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana for the health and long life of their husbands. It occurs on the 3rd night after the full moon in Aswiyuja month of Telugu calendar and falls in either September or October in the Gregorian calendar. It is the Telugu equivalent of Karva Chauth, which is celebrated by North Indian women the following day.
Following are customs in some places of Andhra Pradesh, India:
- This festival is celebrated by women and children.
- On eve of this day, they apply Gorintaku (henna) on their palms.
- Women and children wake up in the early morning before the sunrise, and have suddi (rice cooked day before night) with perugu (curd) and Gongura chutney.
- Unmarried girls and children will play on the streets singing Atla Tadde Song after having suddi until sun raises.
- People swing in the uyyala (Swing (seat)).
- People watch the moon in nearby pond or lake after the sunrise welcoming the day.
- Pootarekulu (sweet made with rice flour, jaggery, and milk)
- Kudumulu (5 for gauri devi) (for yourself and other muttayuduvu 5 each and on 4 kudumulu you place one on top of the 4 and make it as deepam and eat the same after your pooja when the deepam is still lighting)
- 11 small Dosas (for each)
- Toranam for hand (with 11 nots for atla tadde n 5 nots toranam for Undralla tadde)
You can download the Atla Taddi Vrat Katha in PDF format using the link given below.