Download Top Paramedical Courses List 2021 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Top Paramedical Courses List 2021
The Paramedic course involves emergency medical services required in the pre-hospital environment, and a person who works in this area is known as a paramedic. Top paramedical courses can be pursued after class 12th or after graduation. They can be a degree, diploma, or certificate courses.
The major areas in paramedical sciences are spinal injury management, obstetrics, management of burns, and evaluation of the general accident. Some of the popular paramedical courses are listed along with the details of each.
Types of Paramedical Courses
Paramedical courses are of three main types:
- Degree Paramedical Courses – The duration of degree paramedical courses varies between 1.5 years to 4 years.
- Diploma Paramedical Courses – The duration of diploma paramedical courses varies between 1 year to 2 years.
- Certificate Paramedical Courses – The duration of certificate paramedical courses varies between 1 year to 2 years.
Eligibility for Paramedical Courses after 12th
Students who are interested to pursue their careers in the Paramedical sector must meet the required eligibility criteria. Listed below are the eligibility criteria for paramedical courses after class 12th:
For Undergraduate and Diploma courses in the Paramedical sector:
- You must have passed 12th from science stream with biology from any recognized board with at least 50% marks.
- For the diploma courses, there is no minimum percentage as every college has its different criteria about the percentage
- Some colleges even accept admission on behalf of the percentage obtained in board exams
- Most colleges either conduct their own entrance exams or offer admission as per the marks scored in national or state-level entrance exams.
Eligibility for Paramedical Courses after Graduation
In order to pursue a paramedical course at the PG level, the eligibility criteria would require a candidate to have a valid Bachelor’s degree in the stream of Science. Apart from this, some colleges also consider entrance exams as a criterion and offer admission as per the marks scored in these exams, such as NEET PG,AIIMS M.Sc among others. Many states and institutes also conduct their own entrance exam for admission to Paramedical Courses After Graduation.
Admission Procedure in Paramedical Courses
Interested applicants must note the following points with respect to the admission procedure in paramedical courses.
- Candidates need to visit the official website of the respective college/university where they wish to apply and fill in the online application form and submit the application fee. Some universities and colleges may accept only offline applications for which you will have to physically visit the respective college and submit the application form along with a demand draft for the application fee amount.
- The application process for paramedical courses usually begins in the months of July and/or August every year. Applicants must keep a tab on the important dates of paramedical admissions for the university or college they are targeting.
- Since many colleges also take into account the entrance exam score, the merit list for paramedical admissions is based on your academic qualifications and grades, score in the entrance exam, etc., after which applicants need to appear for counselling sessions wherein seats are allotted to eligible and qualified candidates.
Paramedical Entrance Exams
Some of the most common paramedical entrance exams are listed below:
AIIMS – AIIMS offers UG & PG courses for paramedical students and conducts its own medical entrance test. This exam is conducted in May & the application starts in February. Students interested in taking admission in AIIMS can register online for this exam.
NEET PG – Candidates interested in studying MS/ MD or other PG courses should participate in this exam which happens in January and the registration for this exam starts from August onwards.
MHT-CET – MHT-CET is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the Govt. of Maharashtra every year. Students interested in various medical courses such as MBBS, BAMS, BPT, BDS, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, Bachelor of Audiology Speech-Language Pathology, B.Sc nursing courses can take this exam which happens in May.
NILD CET / SVNIRTAR CET/ NIEPMD CET– Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment – Government of India conducts CET (Common Entrance Test) 2020 for the admission in Bachelor’s courses offered by National Institute for Locomotor Disabilities (NILD) Kolkata, SVNIRTAR (Swami Vivekanand National Institute of Rehabilitation Training and Research) Cuttack and National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD) Chennai.
JCECE– Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE) is a state-level entrance examination for the candidates who wish to take admission in various undergraduate courses offered in Jharkhand
You can download the Top Paramedical Courses List 2021 in PDF format using the link given below.