Form 49B (TAN Application)
Form 49B (TAN Application) PDF read online or download for free from the www.tin-nsdl.com link given at the bottom of this article.
Form 49B PDF is a TAN Number application form issued by the NSDL and this form can be obtained from the official website of nsdl.co.in, or it can be directly downloaded from the link given at the bottom of this page. This Application can be used by the corporate entity, firm, Proprietor, and individual.
Form 49B is an application form under section 203A of the Income Tax Act,1961 for the assignment of TAN number or TAN deduction and payment account number. For all entities eligible to subtract TDS on payments, TAN registration would be necessary.
Form 49B PDF – Instruction to Fill the Form
(a) The form is to be filled legibly in ENGLISH in BLOCK LETTERS.
(b) While filling the form, each box, wherever provided, should contain only one character (alphabet/number/punctuation mark) leaving a blank box after each word.
(c) Left-hand thumb impression, if used, should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
(d) Deductors/ Collectors are required to provide details of the Assessing Officer (TDS /TCS) in the application. These details can be obtained from the Income Tax Office.
(e) The deductor/collector must fill up Area Code, AO Type, Range Code, and AO Number. These details can be obtained from the Income Tax office or TIN Facilitation Centre (TIN-FC) may assist in doing so.
(f) The form should be filled up completely.
(g) ‘Designation of the person responsible for making payment/collecting tax’ field is mandatory to fill up, wherever applicable.
(h) The address of the applicant should be an Indian address only.
Form 49B – Application Form Procedure
- An applicant will fill out Form 49B online and submit the form.
- If there are any errors, rectify them and re-submit the form.
- A confirmation screen with all the data filled by the applicant will be displayed.
- The applicant may either edit or confirm the same.
- Applicants making payment of application fee using a credit card/debit card will be charged an additional charge of up to 2% (plus applicable taxes) of the application fee by the bank providing payment gateway facility.
- Applicants making payment through Net Banking facility will be charged an additional surcharge of 4.00 + Goods & Services Tax for the payment gateway facility.
TAN (Form 49B) Apply Online Procedure
- Visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/index.html and select “Online Application for TAN (Form 49B)” or click here Link
- Select Category of Deductors from the drop-down menu and click on “Select Button”;
- Fill out the requisite details on the form (Fill all mandatory fields (marked with )
- If the data submitted by the applicant fails in any format level validation, a response indicating the error(s) will be displayed on the screen;
- Forms need to be re-submitted after rectifying the error(s);
- In case form-level error(s) do not exist a confirmation screen with data filled by the applicant will be displayed.
- In case the applicant required any amendment to the data displayed in the confirmation screen, it may choose the edit option.
- In case the displayed information is correct, the applicant shall choose the confirm option.
- On successful payment of Fees (in case the mode of payment is other than DD or Cheque) an acknowledgment slip will be generated
- The applicant shall save and print the acknowledgment and send it to NSDL along with requisite documents at
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411016
The envelope should be superscribed as ‘APPLICATION FOR TAN – Acknowledgment Number’ (e.g. ‘APPLICATION TAN – 88301020000244’).
Form 49B PDF – Documents Required
For individuals, no document needs to be submitted besides the application form and the fees when they are applying online. If you are applying offline or through an agent, you have to submit KYC documents, including:
- A passport-sized photograph
- Adhaar card for address proof
In the case of a partnership firm, here is the list of documents that you will have to submit along with your application form:
- A duly filled and signed application form
- A passport-sized photograph of the authorized partner
- ID proof of all partners. Copies must be made on an A4 paper
- Address proof for the current office space. The copy must be taken on an A4 size paper
- The latest partnership deed
- Account statement of the company for the last three months
- Registration certificate for the business
- KYC details of one partner, including two passport-sized photos, government-issued ID proof, and address proof.
Download the TAN Application Form 49B in PDF format using the link given below or an alternative link.PDF's Related to Form 49B (TAN Application)