Rent Agreement Format
Rent Agreement Format PDF read online or download for free from the jamabandi.nic.in link given at the bottom of this article.
A rent agreement, also known as a lease agreement, or Deed agreement is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions between a landlord (the property owner) and a tenant (the person renting the property). This document serves as a record of the rental arrangement and helps protect the rights and responsibilities of both parties.
Both the landlord and tenant should thoroughly review the rent agreement before signing. It’s advisable to seek legal advice if there are any uncertainties or if either party wants to include specific clauses. Once signed, the rent agreement is legally binding, and both parties are obligated to abide by its terms for the duration of the tenancy.
Deed of Rental Agreement
Key components of a rent agreement include:-
- Names of Parties
- Property Details
- Duration of Tenancy
- Rent Amount and Due Date
- Security Deposit
- Utilities and Maintenance
- Restrictions and Rules
- Notice Period
- Repairs and Alterations
- Legal Recourse
- Additional Terms
NOW THIS DEED OF TENANCY WITHNESSETH THE FOLLOWING
1. That the Tenancy shall be initially for the period of _________________ with effect from ____________ and may be renewed from time to time with mutual consent of both the House owner and the Tenant.
2. That the rent payable by the Tenant to the House owner or his Authorized person, in respect of the said premises, shall be Rs. _______ /- (___________________________ only) per month which shall be payable on or before th of every succeeding month in addition to the above mentioned immovable property maintenance charges payable to ___________________
Association by the Tenant every month.
3. That the Tenant has paid a sum of Rs. ________/- (Rupees _______________________ only) as interest free rent advance, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged by the houseowner by these presents. This advance amount shall be returned to the tenant by the houseowner at the time of vacating the said premises after adjusting the dues such as rent, water charges, maintenance
charges and electricity dues, apart from cost of damages if any.
4. That the said house premises have a separate normal three phase household electricity connection and the tenant shall pay the electricity charges to the Electricity Board as per the meter Reading noted in the card.
5. That the Corporation Property tax and water and sewerage tax shall be payable by the house owner but the tenant shall pay the water consumption charges periodically and likewise any running charges consequent to the usage/consumption by the Tenant shall be payable by the tenant.
6. That the fittings and fixtures in the house premises are in good condition and the tenant return the same to the house owner in good condition excepting normal wear and tear before vacating the house premises and actual cost of damages if any, shall be reimbursable by the tenant to the house owner.
7. That the tenant has agreed to ensure “minimum stay” for a period of six months. The tenant has agreed to give two months notice before vacating the house. Incase of shorter notice the tenant has agreed to pay two months rent to the houseowner. The Houseowner as agreed to give two months notice to the tenant which period does not consider the “minimum stay” period clause.
8. That the tenant shall not sublease or sublet either the entire or any part of the tenanted house premises. The tenanted house premises shall be used only for living purpose of the tenant and his family not for any other commercial or illegal purposes.
9. That the tenant has agreed to keep the house premises clean and in hygienic condition including the surrounding areas and the tenant has agreed not to do any action that would cause permanent / structural damages / changes without obtaining prior consent from the owner on impact and costs.
10. That the houseowner shall be at liberty to inspect to the house premises by him self and or by any other authorized person(s) as and when necessary.
11. That the tenant has agreed not to keep any pet animals in the house premises.
12. That the tenant has agreed to hand over main door keys (—-Nos), bedroom keys (—- Nos), tube lights (—– Nos) and the bulbs with fittings (——– Nos) along with the EB card to the house owner at the time of vacating the house.
You can download the Rent Agreement Format PDF using the link given below.