(PMAYG) Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin is a rural housing scheme and is one of the many schemes launched by the Narendra Modi Government in India. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin was approved by the Narendra Modi Government on 23rd March 2015 in a cabinet meeting. The rural housing scheme will help achieve housing for all by 2022 in Rural areas across the country.
Guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin
- Government to construct 1 crore pucca (permanent) houses for the rural poor in the next three years.
- A total of 4 Crore homes would be constructed under PMAY-G in rural areas across the country by the year 2022.
- The scheme is expected to boost job creation in rural areas.
- The project will be implemented in a span of three years from 2016-17 to 2018-19 with a budget of Rs. 81,975 crore.
- Of the total estimated expenditure, Rs. 60,000 crore will come from budgetary allocations and the remaining through Nabard.
- The cost of unit (house) assistance is to be shared between central and state governments in the ratio 60:40 in plain areas and 90:10 for north-eastern and hilly states.
- Beneficiaries of the rural houses would be chosen according to data taken from the Socio-Economic Caste Census of 2011
- An allowance of Rs. 120,000 in plain areas and Rs. 130,000 in hilly areas will be provided for the construction of homes.
- The unit size will be enhanced from the existing 20 sq.mt. to up to 25 sq.mt. including a dedicated area for hygienic cooking.
- Provision of toilets at Rs. 12000/- and 90/95 days of unskilled wage labour under MGNREGA over and above the unit cost.
- Funds will be transferred electronically directly to the account of the beneficiary.
- The beneficiary would be facilitated to avail loan of up to 70000 rupees for construction of the house which is optional.
- Special Projects to be sanctioned to states based on situational exigencies and special needs.
- NEW UPDATE: Home loans up to Rs. 2 Lakh taken in 2017 for maintenance or up-gradation of homes under PM Awas Yojana – Gramin will receive interest subvention of 3%.
The scheme is also expected to generate employment in the rural areas, especially in the construction sector which is currently the 2nd largest employers in India. Check PMAY-G Scheme FAQ’s for more details about the scheme
For more details download the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) Guidelines in PDF format online from the link given below.