Download MS Excel Formulas and Functions List PDF for free from staff.brighton.ac.uk using the direct download link given below.
MS Excel Formulas and Functions List
MS Excel Formula & Functions Basics
When building a formula:
- All formulae and functions begin with =
- Use your mouse to select a cell or range of cells to be used in a formula
- The operators for building formulae are:
+ Add * Multiply
– Subtract / Divide
- BODMAS rules apply to arithmetic (Brackets Over Division, then
Multiplication, then Addition, then Subtraction).
- Avoid typing variables (such as tax rates) in formulae; instead, type the
variable in a separate cell and refer to that cell in the formula
- To repeat formulae down a column, build the formula in the first cell of
the column then uses autofill to copy the formula down the column.
- Functions follow the format =name(arguments) where:
name the name of the function (e.g. SUM, VLOOKUP)
arguments the cell or range references containing the values used in
- Where a function contains more than one argument, each argument
must be separated by a, (comma).
- Text criteria in an argument must be surrounded by “(quotation marks)
Download the MS Excel Formulas and Functions List in PDF format using the link given below.