Mohfw Revised Guidelines for Covid Treatment in Home Isolation PDF
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has released new Revised guidelines for Home Isolation of mild /asymptomatic COVID-19 cases.
Instructions for home isolated Covid patient
- Patient must isolate himself from other household members, stay in the identified room and away from other people in home, especially elderlies and those with co-morbid conditions like hypertension, cardiovascular disease, renal disease etc.
- The patient should be kept in a well-ventilated room with cross ventilation and windows should be kept open to allow fresh air to come in.
- Patient should at all times use triple layer medical mask. Discard mask after 8 hours of use or earlier if they become wet or visibly soiled. In the event of caregiver entering the room, both caregiver and patient may consider using N 95 mask.
- Mask should be discarded only after disinfecting it with 1% Sodium Hypochlorite.
- Patient must take rest and drink lot of fluids to maintain adequate hydration.
Follow respiratory etiquettes at all times.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 40 seconds or clean with an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Don’t share personal items with other people in the household.
- Ensure cleaning of surfaces in the room that are touched often (tabletops, doorknobs, handles, etc.) with 1% hypochlorite solution.
- Self-monitoring of blood oxygen saturation with a pulse oximeter is strongly advised.
- The patient will self-monitor his/her health with daily temperature monitoring and report promptly if any deterioration of symptoms as given in the guidelines PDF.
Download the detailed COVID-19 home isolation and treatment guidelines PDF using the direct link below.