Tamil Nadu Government Announcement PDF
The Tamil Nadu government announced night curfew will come into force in the state from January 6, Thursday and that total lockdown will be imposed on Sundays to curb the spread of Covid-19. Night curfew will be in place from 10 pm to 5 am.
Tamil Nadu Lockdown Guidelines PDF can be download from the link given at the bottom of this page. Pongal festival celebrations organised by both government and private organisations have been postponed. Places of worship will be closed for the public on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Amusement parks will remain closed.
Tamil Nadu Lockdown New Guidelines
- According to the new rules, all shops, hotels and other establishments will not be allowed during the night curfew and Sunday lockdown. However, restaurants are allowed the option of takeaway from 7 am to 10 pm.
- Essential services, including milk and newspaper delivery, hospitals, ATMs, petrol, private and bus services, and diesel pumps can work normally.
- Metro services will not function on Sundays and during the night curfew.
- Citizens will be allowed to travel during 10 pm and 5 am on all days but they will have to show proof of travel.
- Only 50 per cent occupancy shall be allowed in buses, suburban trains, and Metro rail.
- Classes for LKG and UKG will be shut, while only online classes will be held for classes 1 to 9.
- Physical classes will be allowed for Class 10, Class 11 and Class 12. All colleges, except medical and paramedical colleges, will be closed till January 20.
- Only 100 people will be allowed to attend weddings, while the limit for funerals is 50.
- Theatres, shops, gyms will have to operate with 50% occupancy.
- Amusement parks would be shutdown.
- Beaches will be open to the public but only for walking.
- Public would not be allowed in all places of worship on three days -Fridays, Saturday and Sunday- a week.
- The present bar for social, cultural and political congregations would continue to be in place.
- All government and privately organised harvest festival ‘Pongal’ and cultural events are postponed.
For more details, download the Tamil Nadu Lockdown Guidelines PDF format using the link given below.