Download J&K Grant / Renewal of Trade Certificate Form PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
J&K Grant / Renewal of Trade Certificate Form
- To apply for a vehicle trade certificate, the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which his area belongs
- An Application for the grant of a trade certificate shall be made in Form 16.
- The application should be made separately for the individual class of vehicles: motorcycle, invalid carriage, light motor vehicle, medium passenger motor vehicle, medium goods vehicle, heavy passenger motor vehicle, heavy goods vehicle, any other motor vehicle of a specified description
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents to process the application
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for this procedure
- Application forms can also be obtained from the respective RTO offices
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counters and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- On receipt of an application in respect of a class of vehicles, the registering authority may issue a certificate a trade registration mark if satisfied.
- It consists of a registration mark referred to in notification and followed by two letters and a number containing not more than three digits for each vehicle, for example
- AB – Represent State Code.
- 12 – Registration District Code.
- TC1 – Trade certificate number for the vehicle.
- No applicant for trade certificate shall be refused by the registering authority unless the applicant is given an opportunity of being heard and reasons for such refusal are given in writing.