શ્રીદુર્ગાસપ્તશતી સચિત્ર | Durga Saptashati Gujarati
Hello, Friends today we are sharing with Durga Saptashati Gujarati PDF to help devotees. If you are searching Durga Saptashati Gujarati in PDF format then you have arrived at the right website and you can directly download it from the link given at the bottom of this page. Durga Saptashati is a holy scripture dedicated to Goddess Durga. It narrates the glory and divine actions of Goddess Durga. Durga Saptashati is part of the Markandeya Purana and contains 700 Shlokas.
Durga Saptashati which is also known as Devi Mahatmya and Chandi Path is a Hindu religious text describing the victory of the Goddess Durga over the demon Mahishasura. It is part of the Markandeya Purana, written by sage Markandeya. The text contains Saptashata i.e. 700 verses and because of that, the whole composition is known as Durga Saptashati. The seven hundred verses are arranged into 13 chapters. For ritual reading purposes, a number of subsidiary texts are appended before and after 700 verses.
Durga Saptashati Path Vidhi
- In the morning, after taking a bath and finishing one’s daily worship or other rituals, one should sit on an asana facing North or East and try to evoke a state of concentration and devotion.
- The path (reading) is most effective when done with firm faith, devotion, and correct pronunciation. During the time of reading, one should try not to talk, sleep, sneeze, yawn or spit, but read with complete concentration on Devi in the form which appeals to one. One should not stop in the middle of a chapter. It is good to place the book on a stand, preferably a copper plate.
- At the beginning and end of each chapter, bells may be rung.
- Before starting the path, affirm the purpose for which you are performing it – make a resolve, Sankalpa, and perform worship of Devi.
- Navaratri is an ideal period for the path of Durga Saptashati; however, in the other months, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday are considered auspicious days of the week for beginning the reading. The ideal days of the lunar calendar are Ashtami (eighth day of the moon), Navami (ninth day of the moon), and chaturdashi (fourteenth day of the moon).
- The Saptashati may be read daily and completed in seven days in the following manner of division of chapters.
Durga Saptashati Gujarati
You can download the Durga Saptashati Gujarati PDF using the link given below.