DU Prospectus 2020-21 PDF
DU Prospectus 2020-21 PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Admissions to Undergraduate Courses 2020 – 21
Admissions to undergraduate (UG) courses at the University of Delhi are merit-based (that is, based on marks scored in Class XII Board/qualifying examinations) or entrance-based (that is, based on written/practical tests depending on the course selected by an aspiring student).
- All applicants must register through the University of Delhi online admissions portal https://ug.du.ac.in
- All undergraduate admissions for 2020 – 21 will be administered only through this portal.
- There is no offline admission for any applicant.
- Only eligible applicants who have registered online through the university portal can be considered for admission.
- Applicants will be required to appear in person at the University of Delhi only at the very end of the admission process, for verification of certificates as per the schedule to be announced by the University/ College.
- All other admission procedures are to be completed by the applicant using the unique login id they create on the Delhi University Undergraduate admissions portal (Registration process to be announced on the University website).
Fees for Online Registration
|The registration fee for Merit-based courses for UR/OBC||Rs. 250/-|
|The registration fee for SC/ST/PwBD/EWS||Rs. 100/-|
|The additional Registration fee for ECA/Sports||Rs. 100/-|
|The additional Registration fee for each Entrance-based course for UR/OBC||Rs. 750/-|
|The additional Registration fee for each Entrance-based course for SC/ST/PwBD/EWS||Rs. 300|
|Admission Cancellation fee||Rs. 1000|
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Courses
- The applicant must be a citizen of India. (Applicants seeking admission under the Foreign Students’ category to apply separately on Foreign Students’ Registry website, http://fsr.du.ac.in.)
- The applicant should have passed the Class XII examination of any Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- The applicant should have “passed” individually in each subject required (including practicals if any) for calculating merit and eligibility to the course they seek admission in.
- Applicants with gap year(s) will not be at any disadvantage for the purpose of admission to undergraduate courses.
- Applicants under the UR/SC/ST/OBC/EWS categories are eligible to seek admission based on both merit and entrance tests to courses in all Colleges/ Departments (except Minority Colleges, wherein some categories may not be applicable).
- Applicants from the Sikh and Christian minorities may also seek admission under the minority quota in the Minority Colleges of the University.
- The following categories are designated “supernumerary”:
- PwBD (Persons with Benchmark Disabilities);
- CW (Children/Widows of Personnel of the Armed Forces including Para-Military);
- KM (Kashmiri Migrants);
- Prime Minister’s special scholarship for Jammu and Kashmir;
- SS (Nominated Sikkimese Students
- WQ (Ward Quota);
- ECA (Extra-Curricular Activities);
Note: Categories i –viii above are applicable to courses where admission is based on merit. For courses where admission is based on entrance tests, only categories I and ii above are applicable.
Download the Following Postgraduate/M.Phil/Ph.d Prospectus in PDF format