Driving Licence Documents List PDF
Driving Licence Documents List PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
The Transport Department has issued several office orders in addition to Motor Vehicle Act 1988 and the Rules made there for streamlining the procedure of issuance of a Driving License. An individual who wants to drive any type of motor vehicle in India has to get his/her learner’s license first. A learner’s license is issued for learning. A month after the issuance of the learner’s license, the person has to appear for the test in front of an RTO authority, who upon proper examination, will declare if he/she has passed the exam or not.
If you wish to drive, in India or even abroad, you are required to hold a valid driving licence to do so. A driving licence is an important document indicating your ability to operate or drive a motorized vehicle.
Driving Licence Documents List PDF
Age Proof (any one of the below-given documents)
- Birth Certificate
- PAN Card
- 10th Class mark sheet
- Transfer certificate from any school for any class with the date of birth printed on it.
Proof of Address required for DL:
Permanent Proof of address (any one of the following):
- Aadhaar Card
- Self-owned house agreement
- Electricity bill (issued in applicants name)
- LIC bond
- Voters ID Card
- Ration Card
Current Proof of address (any one of the following):
- Rental agreement and electricity bill
- Rental agreement and LPG bill
Other Requirements for Driving Licence:
- Duly filled application form (to get the application form for driving licence, visit the nearest RTO or download it from the online portal for your state)
- 6 passport-sized photographs (when applying for Learners Licence)
- 1 passport sized photograph (when applying for Driving Licence)
- Application Fees.
- If you are staying in other cities, as current address proof, you can present the rental agreement with one recent utility bill copy which can be a gas bill or electric bill.
- Medical Certificate – Form 1A and 1 which is to be issued by a certified Government doctor.
- For all applicants over the age of 40 years, a medical certificate is mandatory.
Driving Licence Eligibility Criteria
|Types of Vehicles allowed||Criteria|
|Vehicles without gears with engine capacity up to 50cc||16 years of age and parental consent.|
|Vehicles with gears|
Types of DL (Driving Licence) in India
- Learner’s licence
- Permanent licence
- Commercial Driving Licence
- The Road Transport Authority (RTA) issues a learner’s licence to the applicant before giving a permanent driving licence. It is valid for up to 6 months.
- To get this licence, the applicant needs to submit valid documents at the RTO and pass a small test.
- During the period of six months, the applicant is expected to polish his driving skills.
- If the applicant still does not feel confident about driving, he can extend his learning licence.
- The RTA issues a permanent driving licence post the completion learner’s licence period if the applicant meets the eligibility criteria.
- As per the criteria, the applicant should be 18 years of age and should clear the driving test.
- In case he fails the driving test, he can reappear for it after seven days of time.
Commercial driving licence:
- This commercial driving licence is specifically issued to heavy vehicle drivers such as trucks and delivery vans.
- The criteria for this are that the applicant should be 18 years of age or above (some states also keep 20 years as the minimum age), should be trained either in a government training centre or a government-affiliated centre, and should have completed education till 8th grade, has valid documents and already possess a learner’s licence.
You can download the Driving Licence Documents List PDF using the link given below.