Assam Crop Calendar PDF Download in Assamese for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Assam Crop Calendar Assamese
A cropping calendar is a picture of the rice-growing season from the fallow period and land preparation, to crop establishment and maintenance through to harvest and storage.
The benefits of using a crop calendar are being able to:
- Plan for input purchase and use,
- Develop a cash flow budget for the year,
- Determine credit need and period of requirement,
- Determine labor requirements and plan for peak usage times, and
- Organize contractors for land preparation and harvesting.
Create a crop calendar
- Determine the best date to plant. This information can be gathered from local experience, agricultural advisors, and leading farmers in the district.
- Determine the time the variety takes from planting to harvest. The length of time from the establishment to harvest is known for each variety. It may vary a little depending on the growing conditions especially water availability and solar radiation. Normally short duration varieties take 100−120 days, medium duration 120−140 days, and long duration 140 days or more to reach maturity.
- Most varieties take 50−55 days from panicle initiation to harvest.
- Mark on the calendar the date of planting and then when each other operation needs to be done (ploughing, weeding, fertilizing, and harvesting).
- Then determine how much labor, equipment, and finance will be required at each step during the growing period.
- Pin the calendar in a prominent place to remind you when things need to be done.
Download the Assam Crop Calendar in PDF format using the link given below or alternative link.