Download West Bengal Economic Review 2021 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
West Bengal Economic Review 2021
During the financial year 2020-21, the pandemic due to Covid-19 virus drastically affected the life and livelihood of the populace throughout the globe. On the other hand, the super cyclone “Amphan” made landfall near Sagar islands on 20th May 2020 and devastated many districts of Bengal. Despite many constraints, the Government has launched several ambitious schemes with the goal to further strengthen the economy, promote inclusive growth and to ensure development leaving no one behind.
Duare Sarkar: The Duare Sarkar programme was launched on 1st December, 2020 by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal, to take government services to the doorsteps of the people. Till 31st January, 2021 about 29,170 camps were held to cover all Gram Panchayats and municipal wards.
The programme has witnessed an unprecedented response from the people of the state. So far, more than 2.63 crore citizens have visited the camps. Services have been delivered to more than 1.39 crore people.
- More than 76.56 lakh additional families were provided health insurance under Swasthya Sathi
- More than 17.57 lakh Caste Certificates have been issued to members of the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes communities.
- More than 11.58 lakh people were given work under MGNREGA, popularly known as 100 days’ work.
- More than 9.34 lakh additional farmers were brought under the coverage of the state’s assured income scheme Krishak Bandhu.
- More than 16.14 lakh people have been provided food security under Khadya Sathi Apart from above, many other services related to schemes like Kanyashree, Rupashree, Shikhashree, Aikyashree, Manobik, Taposili Bandhu etc. have been provided to many people. Due to the overwhelming response to Duare Sarkar, the Government has extended the programme up to 8th February 2021.
Paray Samadhan: Paray Samadhan scheme was launched by Hon’ble Chief Minister of West Bengal with the objective of solving the citizen’s local problems by giving instant solutions. The issues can be like adding a school room, construction of culverts, repairing pipelines/drain etc.
Chokher Alo: The scheme will ensure free cataract operations for senior citizens and eye treatment for all, over the next five years. Distribution of free spectacles and eye treatment has been initiated across the State.
Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP): West Bengal has retained positive GSDP growth during 2020-21 (at base 2011-12) at both current prices (8.03%) and constant prices (1.20%), over the previous year.
Kisan Credit Card (KCC): Significant increase in number of KCCs has been witnessed during 2020- 21 compared to the previous year.
Bangla Sasya Bima: State launched its own scheme namely, Bangla Shasya Bima (BSB) Scheme during Kharif 2019 season with an aim to extend hassle free crop insurance to all willing and eligible farmers and ensure timely claim. The coverage of farmers increased from 44.67 lakh in Kharif 2019 season to more than 64 lakh in Kharif 2020 season.
For more details download the West Bengal Economic Review 2021 in PDF format using the link given below or an alternative link.